Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HenKonen

Title pic troubleshooting

Hi! I have a wad I'd like to input a custom title screen to, but I'm experiencing a little problem with the process.

I've made a custom title pic with Paint Shop Pro 7 and saved the file as a .bmp file like the TITLEPIC in ther original Doom2 wad. However, when I replace TITLEPIC with my own title picture, my own picture's colors get screwed up. I've followed the instructions by AsyliumX in his instruction video in Youtube, but still the picture looks like this:

Putting any graphic in Doom will change it to match Doom's color palette. Doom has a limited range of color so not everything will look good. You can change to the colors yourself beforehand to get a better match, but some stuff just looks crappy after the conversion.

Just gonna ask a quick question SOMEWHAT related. Is the specter of BLUE extensive in the Doom palette? Or is it very limited? Also what about purple and pink?

Actually, is there a screenshot of the palette anywhere? :P

EDIT: scratch that; I found it after 3 seconds of searching hehe

As said above, Doom has a limited color pallete. In a game like Doom, it would be in your best interest to avoid dark or otherwise monotone colors.