Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snakeplisskenPMW

Lost your camra in doombiulder?

have you ever lost your camra in doom biulders visual mode...
you know... like... you cant get back to your map cause ya lost it and everythings black....

is there a way to bring the camra back to the map in such case...

Khorus said:

Ctrl + W in things mode will bring to camera to where the mouse pointer is. At least in DB 1.

This is true, both for DB1 and DB2. This is really the only way you should be placing or moving 3D mode starts, because it sets all the flags properly so it doesn't show up ingame.

If you veer your camera too far off your map it may be impossible, given the visible distance it has to navigate yourself back. Doombuilder 2 comes with a Find and Replace mode which you could use to search for Thing Index 32000 (I think thats the number) to center it on your screen and you can move it back to your map.

Khorus said:

Ctrl + W in things mode will bring to camera to where the mouse pointer is. At least in DB 1.

That's what I thought he meant initially, but rereading it makes me think that visual mode screwed up and instead of going back to the sector editor he sees nothing but black. That sort of thing happens in DB1 somewhat frequently.

40oz said:

If you veer your camera too far off your map it may be impossible, given the visible distance it has to navigate yourself back. Doombuilder 2 comes with a Find and Replace mode which you could use to search for Thing Index 32000 (I think thats the number) to center it on your screen and you can move it back to your map.

Just hit Ctrl-W and it'll move the existing camera thing to where your mouse is pointed, regardless of wherever it currently is. No sense in wasting time searching for it :P

you would know a lot about wasting time since it takes you forever to release anything you start

This a bug in DB and Slade. If you are holding a camera movement key while switching to texture viewer or 2dmode the camera will continue moving. Before switching views or modes, just fully let go of movement keys.

I have managed to minimize this from happening, once I figured out what was going on.

When you see nothing but black it is because you were in a mode that restricts map 3d view so camera just wandered off into void quite far. If you quickly switch back to 3d view mode, you can see camera on auto-pilot. Quickly smashing the movement keys usually kicks the camera off auto-pilot and you can fly back to desired location.