Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snut skallar

Wads like suspended in dusk?

Can anyone recommend me some wads similar to the quality and detail of suspended in dusk? Keep in mind I want it to be compatible with vanilla doom (doom+ is fine too)

I heartily second that recommendation. Espi was one of the best Doom 1 style mappers ever. The puzzles in Back To Basics can be infuriating though. To this day I still haven't completed Map 5 without cheating. I just can't get past that place with the 3 ooze silos, 1 red and 2 green. The red one has pillars in it which one might think would be stepping stones, they're just way too high and far apart though. I must have pressed every surface in that damn place looking for a way through.

Xtroose said:

KDiKDiZD will push the limits of vanilla Doom even further.

In terms of pushing the limits, maybe, but it's still nowhere near as well-designed as SiD. :P

esselfortium said:

In terms of pushing the limits, maybe, but it's still nowhere near as well-designed as SiD. :P

Well, it is hard to make a legendary wad like SiD with KDiZD as a base (without resorting to black magic or alchemy). Which is why I would love to see a vanilla wad designed by you from scratch.

esselfortium said:

Holy damn! I remember that one as one of the first PWADs I ever played. Never knew it was an Espi piece... I'll have to give it another run soon.

As for the OP, if you're willing to bump things up to Boom compatible, there's always Phobos: Anomaly Reborn. It's the next closest thing I can think of -- smashing good one either way.

esselfortium said:

Something like that. It's a Doom2.exe-compatible remake of Knee-Deep in ZDoom.

This sounds pretty promising, hopefully it can make out in time for cacowards 2010

snut skallar said:

This sounds pretty promising, hopefully it can make out in time for cacowards 2010

Bwahaha