Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madk

Compression 1024

I've made one map and am working on more within the confines of a 1024x1024 space. I was hoping to throw together something similar to claustrophobia and congestion 1024.

Maps:

Author: Madk
Resource wad
Map 1 (Hexen)
Map 2 (Boom)
Map 3 (Boom)
Map 4 (Boom)

Upon submission, I'll list any other maps here. Once we have a considerable amount we'll assemble the best of them into a single wad.

It's an okay map, but it's WAY too cramped. The challenge of making a good 1024 map is not having it feel like it's under severe size constraints, and the best 1024 maps out there have a deceptive feeling of space to them. It's impressive that you got as much action as you did into a small area, but it's definitely obvious that it's a small area.

This was fun enough. I approve of more maps, because it's yet another C word to use for a 1024 wad. And 1024 maps are pretty cool.

Vaporizer said:

I missed the first three 1024 wads, so I'm intrested.

Same here, I'd love to be part of the new 1024 project. Just a quick question: what compatibility will this be? Any particular source port?

Katamori: Have you got a download link for that?

valkiriforce: I was thinking ZDoom.

Yeah, all of the other 1024's have been Boom-compatible, and I really don't see any reason to change that.

This 1024 project looks good. I'm up for playtesting after the first - sort of - 6 maps are done.

I'm down for a 1024 map. What resources should we use? I've kinda gotten used to a gothic mix, but I've got an idea for a hell map so I shouldn't need much. Slaughter of course, if I can get it to work ;)

Cool levels, good texture choosing, but please make these levels in the same WAD. MAP01, MAP02, MAP03, etc. (or as you want)

And I want to ask: have you seen my 1024-project? Because I want to hear new opinions too.

I was hoping for a community thing. We can assemble them when they're finished, not to mention the three I've done so far are all in different formats at this point.

Also, I mentioned earlier that I didn't see a download link for your wad.

You should try to port those other two over to Boom format, using different formats for each file just would not work. Plus most people use Boom anyways.

Katamori said:

EDIT:
Because I deleted... there was only few men, who tried it...

Yeah... I've remained relatively unknown in over 5 years of level design. You really shouldn't be hanging out for all the community to play your work, just enjoy the process of creating your wad.

edit: typo