Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Exceptional UFO Footage

Jump ahead to 1:00 in the video.

My question is, why is only one person able to collect so much footage? Why not more people?

Hellbent said:

My question is, why is only one person able to collect so much footage? Why not more people?

3d studio runs on pretty much anything these days.

Another video about the fascinating Urzi Case:

Foo, he pulled it out. The title should say it all, though.

Here's another: same technique, but less blur, so you can see the true nature of the UFOs:

I guess this guy is a 'flying object', but its mostly unrelated except for the theme of debunking something.

@Gez: that doesn't debunk it, but merely proposes a possible explanation of how it was faked (assuming it was faked). The video you linked to looked fake tho, before the trick was revealed. Urzi's doesn't look fake. I think the lack of multiple eyewitness videos is more disproving than the videos you posted.

The first was apparently by Urzi himself, explaining his tricks. At least, that's what I gathered from the place where I found the link.

I see no reason to believe in such shit and be so obsessed with it.If they exist,let them exist.If they don't exist,whatever.Just stop being so overobsessed with this shit.

Gez said:

The first was apparently by Urzi himself, explaining his tricks. At least, that's what I gathered from the place where I found the link.

It's been removed by the user.

Hence my use of "was apparently" rather than "is".

But okay, I won't pollute this thread with my skepticism anymore. Here's a vid from people who believe that ETs are among us:

:p

keep the skepticism coming. I'm all for skepticism. I just didn't think the second video disproved it, that's all. My dad is all into this stuff that you just posted, tho. :P

And of course the more advanced technology gets, the simpler it looks. Why do 'unidentified flying objects' tend to look like smooth round metal blobs glued together? The same reason that aliens tend to look like bigger eyed simpler humans and old star trek episodes assumed everyone in the future would wear plain orange uniforms; because they're the not so imaginative products of human minds.

I saw a UFO once. Middle of the day, a bright dot appeared in the sky, just above the the mountains in the distance. It moved at a high rate of speed, following the exact line of the mountain top. It then stopped, appeared to change direction (either coming towards or away from me) and then disappeared.

People seem to completely forget that UFO = Unidentified Flying Object (or ignore). They hear UFO and immediately think Aliens.

Just because I didn't know what it was, it did not mean it of Alien nature or whatever crackpot theory is popular at any given time.

There's some much better extra-terrestrial evidence than this piece of garbage. This is so clearly a hoax that it's painful to look at. Exceptional my ass.

If you're gonna bring this discussion here, at least have some decent resources.

With that in mind, my own views on extra-terrestrials on/near our planet:
Unlikely. It seems like a simpler way to "control the masses and get them to shut up" about secret government aircraft testing and stuff than someone from outer space. I live right near an aircraft development facility for the US Airforce, and I'll admit that I've seen UFOs in the sky many many times--but I think it's much more likely that they're testing something experimental than anything else.

Now, is there life out there in the Universe?
Well, since we don't fully understand every way life can exist, lets just limit the range to organisms we do understand.

If you're looking for any life, microbes can live in some very extreme conditions. This allows almost any rocky or icey planet to be a candidate for microbe life. There's a shit ton of planets and astroids and stuff that could easily contain life out there.

If you're looking for bigger life, say planets--non-sentient, then you have much more limited conditions. Icey planets are pretty much turned out, as are extremely hot ones, so you come to a much more narrow range of environments life can exist in. This cuts the supply of suitable planets down to, probably around 1/50.

Now, sentient life--animals and bigger. That narrows it down even further, as the limits of temperature are much narrower. You also have to consider the chance for evolution in this. Probably narrows this range down substantially, figure another 1/100 of our 1/50.

Now we have intelligent life--anything that creates tools and technology to become superior. This has extremely fragile circumstances, and also a very big chance factor. Out of every species we know of on earth, only one has become intelligent. I'm gonna grossly underestimate the number of sentient life forms the earth has had, and just say we multiply our previous number by 1/1,000,000.

Now, space-faring. The roman's used technology thousands of years ago, but they sure as hell weren't flying in space. This is just recently achieved. We can cut down limit of intelligent life to get into space by probably another 1/5000.

Inter-steller space travel is a feat even mankind hasn't achieved yet. I'd guess that I'll never see anything like that in my life time, and we may never achieve it before extinction. Lets cut out inter-steller travel by 1/5000 again, just for arguments sake.

Now we have life expectancy of a species. The universe is roughly 13 billion years old, and if we say species have an average life span of 4,000,000 years (and this is being overly generous and assuming they have inter-steller travel through ALL of it.) this means over-lapping two species of intersteller travel is another 1/3250~.

So lets add up our micky mouse odds:
1/50x1/100x1/1,000,000x1/5,000x1/5,000x1/3,250.

The odds of us making contact with an inter-steller extra-terestrial would be 0.000000000000000000000246~

I'm more willing to bet it's an experimental aircraft to explain it =]

Planky said:

I saw a UFO once. Middle of the day, a bright dot appeared in the sky, just above the the mountains in the distance. It moved at a high rate of speed, following the exact line of the mountain top. It then stopped, appeared to change direction (either coming towards or away from me) and then disappeared.

People seem to completely forget that UFO = Unidentified Flying Object (or ignore). They hear UFO and immediately think Aliens.

Just because I didn't know what it was, it did not mean it of Alien nature or whatever crackpot theory is popular at any given time.

What you're talking about sounds like ball lightning, which is a fairly common sighting to be termed as UFOs. My grandfather was on an airplane when ball lightning actually formed inside the plane and moved down the aisle (he didn't see what happened to it when it reached the back of the plane.) This apparently has happened a number of times and is likely associated with thunderstorms.

OMG!!! I SAW A UFO, ONCE!!!

I was driving down the road and the damned thing flew down towards the front of my car!

But then it hit the windshield and I realized it was just a small rock.

Identified.

Where's Martin Sargent when you need him?

And...wasn't that "UFO" exactly like the one used in the original X-Files opening?

Planky said:

I doubt it, clear blue sky, mild temperatures, hardly conducive to a thunderstorm.

They say that megacryometeors can drop in sunny days too, so I wouldn't be surprised for ball-lightning to do similarly.

Exceptionally laughable footage! I think eargosedown nailed it: sad garbage.

The thing that pisses me off is how these TV shows are willing to give time to guys pulling obvious hoaxes like this. Once in a while they do a decent job of making the guy look like the asshole he is, but usually they just fuel the dumb-asses with their conspiracy theories.

I don't mind them rambling on about the less obvious ones. Those give me a chance to hand a science lesson to people in the room on a regular basis.

Graf Zahl said:

I ask myself who is more pathetic: The people creating this stuff or the idiots falling for it?

It seems like the people creating this stuff are having a good laugh.

Hah, how fitting. I'm doing a group uni presentation on the plausability of extraterrestrial life on Tuesday. I've got to talk about the drake equation and fermi's paradox in front of 90 people D:

Personally I think ETs exist out there, but none of this UFO bullshit. They will be so far away form each other that contact is highly unlikely.

The drake equation is ghey. Hmm, we don't know THIS variable, and we don't know THIS or THIS variable... so all multiplied together is... um, 42!

Planky said:

I think when you reach thetan level 5 you learn how to smush a noun and 2 adjectives together to make a new noun. Its an advanced technique to come up with new jargon words so you can sound smart. I'm gonna go cook up some youtube mind worms about black flying unicorns called nigracorns now. I think they have some sort of metaphysical link to DOUBLE RAINBOWs!

Apparently keeping a special effect "in sync" with shakycam is actually pretty hard to do even in Hollywood, so he's got that going for him. Mind you this suffers from the thing a lot of UFO footage suffers from - uberzoom. There's no other points of reference in the picture like buildings, clouds, the window frame etc. Nor can you see shadows being cast on anything. Give me UFO footage with all of that which adds up and you might be on to something.

The high-quality stills look like the shit anybody could throw together in a 3D model programme though.