Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DoomF4nG4mer

Decorate: RandomSpawner

A huge teleporter pen filled with lines that teleport the monsters in it to different areas all over the map.

Random spawners are custom actors found in ZDoom and compatible, not a special lump. You create an actor derived from RandomSpawner in a DECORATE lump.

And yes, in Doom, a spawn point is fixed, not random. If you place an imp, it'll always be an imp. If you want randomness in what spawns, you have to use advanced features. Of those, random spawners are the simplest method because that's what they were created for. The alternative is scripting your spawns with ACS, I guess.

Vermil's method will work for randomizing where the monsters end up, but not what they will be. Also, you can't use it for items.

Well since i don't know how to explain this let me just show it in a simple picture

Here's a picture with Weapons and Items without any random items.

And then here is the picture of what made me post this thread.Is anyone familiar on how to do this? look at the difference between the Backback and the ammo's on the pictures and yeah the second picture was used with PsychoPhobiaCM (Including Monsters).