Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomF4nG4mer

Who's your favorite Doom Monster?

Baron of hell. Fighting them for the first time in E1M8 is still one of the biggest "oh shit" moments in gaming for me. Hearing 2 or more of them weak-up at once still gets me going.

I remember the pink demon scared the sh*t out of me in Doom 1 when I was a child. Whenever I saw one approaching fast I was like "RUN RUN RUN! HIDE!!! *monster growling* OMG I DONT WANT TO DIEEE!!!"

My favorite would have to be the Mancubus.

On the other side of the spectrum, I absolutely loathe the Arch-Vile. Fuck 'im. That damn flame attack, super-speed, AND resurrecting enemies. Who came up with the asshole?

Arch-vile has the lead, but actually zombie men are the coolest to place at the smart places in a map, on 3rd place must be hellknight, arachnotron or mancubus just beacuse those must be placed EVEN SMARTER :D but still the shotgun dude snapps you the most, since you forget to pay attention to them if there is any other, bigger dude to fight

Janizdreg said:

Imps. Because copulating with them is most enjoyable.

you refeer to the ZDAEMON CTF

Imps, because first of all they aren't hitscan and second because they're easy to kill and third because they have a cool death animation. Invisible demons come in second. I absolutely love those guys.

madk said:

...third because they have a cool death animation.

I wouldn't say so. The Mancubus has the coolest death animation by far.

Its not the coolest animation, but *******ly the bloodiest. The Arachnotron has a pretty sweet death animation though. Which by the way, makes him my second place favorite. Hell KNight takes third btw.

Cyber-chops. The first time I got a rocket in the ear was the most startling moment in my gaming history at that point.

Clonehunter said:

The Arachnotron has a pretty sweet death animation though.

Forgot about that one, it's pretty cool to. I've always hated the Cyberdemon's death animation. All that happens is that it puffs up into a cloud of blood and leaves behind its' feet.

Despite the cyberdemon being a awesome creature, and always gave you "oh shit" moments, I was very disappointed the first time I faced one and managed to kill it. Its death animation just wasn't as good as the other monsters in doom, to me at least.

Yeah but the Cyberdemon's death animation in Doom 64 I though was cool. multiple explosions and then vaporized into blood. Cool.

Speaking of which the Cyber is my favorite monster, bar none.

I love shotgun guys because you can blow a billion of them away in one shot and they leave you delicious ammo.

I always like them because I can imagine I'm killing Steve Austin.

dontbotherwithmyname said:

Barrel, its the most challenging enemy ever

I have a tougher time with candles, but I guess barrels are pretty challenging to.

Who? Well, one time there was this Baron, let's call him "Mitsos" that followed me through all E3M5 and killed all other monsters for me. My "thank you" was to let some random-ass imp gut him to death. Good, old Mitsos...

Another time, I had a BFG in MAP14 and a shotgun dude, let's call him "Babi" came out of a corner. I told him "Babi, my man, you should be glad that you are going to die with such an awesome gun". And then I nonchalantly mincemeated the poor bastard like, in his face, bitch. Good, old Babis...

And finally, on some random PWAD, I tested SUPERWEP.DEH on some lonely Cybie. Not satisfied, I got the power level of the BFG OVER 9000000!!!! and when it struck, the cybie's corpse disappeared. I noclipped and searched through the level, only to discover it thrown behind some high hidden ledge.

These are my favorite Doom Monsters, if we take it down to the more personal, individual meaning of "who". I will always remember them fondly, poor old bastards ;-)

Radon said:

no love for the arachnotron? :(

All of the SSG's 20 pellets, like, TO ITS FACE, BITCH!

Invalidz cummands newb, u cant even liek do 2 tat wat haz been done frum teh tun0rz n0w. ur SSG is just teh squitz gun lolololol lawl.

Arachnotron can butt fuck 20 arch-viles.

Lawstiker said:

Its death animation just wasn't as good as the other monsters in doom, to me at least.

I really liked the Cyberdemon's explosive death. It felt quite eerie that such a dangerous nemesis would just explode like a bomb when killed, instead of breaking into many fleshy bits like the baron of hell. Same weirdness like what id tried to achieve with the Doom 3 demons, I guess.

My favourite Doom monster is definitely the Spider Mastermind, when used well. That chaingun can give you quite a torturous death, and if not, it can easily lower your health to the danger zone, to be finished off by something else.