Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Megalyth

What the Jesus... [Google error message]

I'd be afraid to click any links with swiss cheese like IE.

But no, I've never seen it. Did you go straight to Google, or were you hanging around their site for a while?

I clicked "Home". Google is my homepage.

Edit: Oh for the love of... IE is just a browser. Plz 2 save teh flamewarz. In all the YEARS of using IE I have never seen this.

Megalyth said:

Oh for the love of... IE is just a browser. Plz 2 save teh flamewarz. In all the YEARS of using IE I have never seen this.

I'm sure you've been getting a lot of offers for stuff that will make your penis bigger though.

No idea what's causing this. I tried google with both internet explorer and firefox and I just got the regular google page.

Eh, whatever. It only did it once. I'm probably on some kind of terrorist watchlist or something.

Weird.

Megalyth said:

Actually, no, smartass. My PC is spyware free. Try again.

You need to rethink that statement. I just checked on Firefox and IE on my laptop, and both browsers worked fine.

You need to rethink that statement.

No, I don't. I know a thing or two about internet security. Like I said, it only did it once. I've just never seen it before.

Megalyth said:

No, I don't. I know a thing or two about internet security. Like I said, it only did it once. I've just never seen it before.

Then how do you account for it happening?

Megalyth said:

Glad to know. Btw, I can ping the IP address you left in the image.

I looked up the IP address and it says you live in Middletown, New York. That's just five minutes away from where I live. I hope you know a thing or two about home defense too bitch because I'm coming for you.

I recall this happening only once, and that was 2-3 years ago. Probably some false positive by whatever anti-DoS/anti-hacker/anti-spammer etc. system they're running to watch their ass. Not a WTF.

Going with Maes' theory. Can't say I've seen that one even from computers that were badly infected.

Nice to see Google is constructive about this. Lots of ISPs if they detect your computer as a bot (they are generally right) will just cut you off. It's funny watching tech-support guys beg ISPs to hook the connection back up so they can remotely fix the malware.

I get this on a regular base, while at work. I guess, it is because of the thousands of users behind the proxy. Nothing special.

Damn, this devolved rather quickly.

Craigs said:
I looked up the IP address and it says you live in Middletown, New York. That's just five minutes away from where I live. I hope you know a thing or two about home defense too bitch because I'm coming for you.

Actually, it's Port Jervis, NY. Not too far from Middletown. You must have missed my shotgun thread. I'll PM you my home address. :) If you actually do live near me, we should go out for drinks sometime. Or we could shoot things. With my shotgun.

Consider this, guys: up until last week, when I reformatted, I was running the same install of WinXP SP2 for over six years. I've never had a virus, a hijack, or even a popup ad. I'm not a l33t hax0r, therefore I need to take extra care to protect myself from threats. I stay on top of updates to my virus scanner, half a dozen spware scanners/blockers, registry cleaners, etc. I've been using IE for at least 10 years, I like it, and I have no reason to use anything else.

The only thing I can think of is that I had Facebook open in another tab, but it's not the first time I've opened Google and Facebook simultaneously. I've had all manner of programs and websites open alongside Google, and this was new to me. My first rule of internet security is "Be aware of what you're about to click", so I went no further.

This wasn't meant as a tech help thread, just an oddity.

P.S. Firefox is garbage

Youtube was crawling like dialup all day yesterday so I wonder if maybe Google was getting DDoSed and it just picked up something from your IP range :P