Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
C30N9

What best doom music maker you recommend?

What best doom music maker you recommend for me?
I got a program (a notes program) can open the doom midis, but when i create new one the midi sounds different from the doom one, so which best midi/doom music maker you use?

Doom just uses ordinary midis, so you can edit them using a midi sequencer.

I don't know a lot about midis, or music-editing software in general, but I think that they use sound fonts. A midi is just a sequence of notes, and it sounds a little different depending on which font you use. That might be why your midis sound different from the Doom ones?

What the fonts will sound like also depends on the synthesiser in your sound card. I actually use Guitar Pro to make midis. It's really good BUT you may have some trouble using it if you're not a musician with basic knowlege of sheet music, since unlike most midi makers where you move around icons, or boxes, or whatever and move them around on a grid, here you are actually writing sheet music. This can be done using multiple tracks for any element you want (Guitars, basses, drums, keys, strings... you name it) Plus you'd have to pay for it, unforunatley...

Bishop said:

I actually use Guitar Pro to make midis. It's really good BUT you may have some trouble using it if you're not a musician with basic knowlege of sheet music, since unlike most midi makers where you move around icons, or boxes, or whatever and move them around on a grid, here you are actually writing sheet music. This can be done using multiple tracks for any element you want (Guitars, basses, drums, keys, strings... you name it)

I use a sheet program, not grid

Normally you should be taught at elementary school following into middle school, how to read sheet music.

I've actually been curious to know what the best free MIDI editor is as well. FL studio annoys the hell out of me and you have to buy it before you can even save your track.

Seriously, what the fuck.

printz said:

Normally you should be taught at elementary school following into middle school, how to read sheet music.

You must not be from America. We get the cliff's notes version in elementary school and barely any reinforcement over the rest of schooling unless you bother to learn an instrument in school.

Marnetmar said:

I've actually been curious to know what the best free MIDI editor is as well. FL studio annoys the hell out of me and you have to buy it before you can even save your track.

That's why it's a demo buddy

Been using Cakewalk Pro v3.01 since I first bought it back in '95, and still using it even today as my primary MIDI sequencer.

IM(not_so)HO, the best damn MIDI sequencer, hands down... and the best version of Cakewalk for strictly sequencing MIDIs. Again, IM(not_so)HO, Twelve Tone Systems completely *DESTROYED* the basic (and advanced) MIDI sequencing features in CWP with any of the newer versions of the program.

This all due to (or rather, along with) the addition of all of the various digital audio editing that TTS added (re: Cakewalk Pro Audio, etc...). If I wanna do digital audio editing, I'd just as soon use GoldWave and Cool Edit... if I wanna MIDI sequence/compose, I'll surely be using my good old CWP v3.01! :)

Anyhoo, quite a while back TTS granted permission to freely distribute the full installation of CWP301 (retail: US$350 back in 1995!), surf here:

http://www.queststudios.com/roland/utilities.html

http://www.queststudios.com/roland/utilities/cakewalk3.zip

:)

Marnetmar said:

Try Torrent cracks ;)