Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Marnetmar said:

It was released.

Presumably he's asking about Hub 2 and beyond, which were never completed. At this point it seems unlikely that Shaviro and Team Future will return to it, at least not as a Doom2 project.

I can't remember whether it was on the forums or on IRC, and of course things are subject to change, but I believe Shaviro said a year or two ago that if they pick up RTC again, it'll most likely be as a Doom3 project, not a ZDoom one.

As a member of Team Future (under my old pseudonym of Homer), I can say that they're very much focused on Phobos at this point.

It's a shame. They left so much of the plot up in the air and had a lot of potential for and epic mod. After reading all the logs in the first hub, we are only left to wonder what could have happened.

I was a beta tester so I've seen parts of some of the other hubs. I found them far more interesting than the first hub. I remember playing a particularly great map by Cyb.

But I don't seem to still have any of that stuff.

If there was already a lot of stuff done for the later hubs it seems like a shame to let it vanish into the ether. Maybe some other team can polish it off into a releasable state (after a dramatic reduction in scope)? I hate to see projects that have lots done just disappear *cough* Millenium *cough*

From what I remember there wasn't actually much done. What was completed was very much completed, but only the whole the hubs were probably 90% incomplete. (Meaning maybe one excellent map and nine others that hadn't even been started.) So nothing that someone else could just polish up and finish.

How many hubs were there supposed to be? Also, are there any pictures or footage of these other hubs, or did they just never announce them in the first place?

Yeah, but that one is all hub 1. The two screens I linked are of some hub 2 content. But wuteva. :p