Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
C30N9

Where can i get MP3 Music

Hi
Can i get somewhere other doom depot (which is doomworld) music which is MP3 format?
I see it's in MP2 now, and i can't name the artist or album which i really need to name it (it can't played on MP4 without album or artist)

I'm assuming you're asking for the Doom/Doom II soundtracks in MP3 format? As far as I know this is the best place to get them, despite the tracks only being MP2's.

If you are interested in MP3 remixes of original Doom music you might be interested in checking out this section of the music page which features quite a few of them. You may also want to investigate Overclocked Remix and run a search for Doom to see what they have on their site (as I recall there were a fair amount of remixes on that site as well).

If you specifically need mp3 files for some reason, try renaming the mp2 files to mp3. The formats are close enough that most things should work (like the radio in my car, for example).

Kirby said:

I'm assuming you're asking for the Doom/Doom II soundtracks in MP3 format? As far as I know this is the best place to get them, despite the tracks only being MP2's.

Doomworld changed from MP3 to MP2, if you notice, in doom depot, the tnt music is still MP3, also i can change their details. Maybe this problem is a Windows 7 problem, i'll check another one.

Partition36 said
try renaming the mp2 files to mp3.

I did, same results

Kirby said:

I"m not sure they're actually MP2s by the way. Technically, they are RIFF files. It may be MP2-in-WAV's-clothing but I haven't checked them in much details.

A SLIGHT OT QUESTION:

I've been trying to find a way to play Doom music from PWADs in my car. Seems like the only way to do this is to convert them to MP3 and play them via my iPod. Anybody have some good advice as to how I can go about doing this?

Best way I've found is to play the file in XWE, copy/paste the temporary midi file from your PC's temp folder into another directory, rename it, then use something like Direct Midi to MP3 converter with a good soundfont. It's a long and tedious process, unfortunately, but it works.

You can use SLADE3 instead and use its "Convert MUS to MIDI" feature so that you don't have to go fishing for strange files in your temp folder.

Kirby said:

You may also want to investigate Overclocked Remix and run a search for Doom to see what they have on their site (as I recall there were a fair amount of remixes on that site as well).

Specifically this and this. I highly recommend both.

Gez said:

I"m not sure they're actually MP2s by the way. Technically, they are RIFF files. It may be MP2-in-WAV's-clothing but I haven't checked them in much details.

Yep, I think you're right. Checked with the file command under Linux and got this:

e11_full.mp2: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, MPEG Layer 3, mono 44100 Hz

Layer 3, so they're actually MP3 files disguised as WAV files but with an MP2 extension! 6_9

Gez said:

You can use SLADE3 instead and use its "Convert MUS to MIDI" feature so that you don't have to go fishing for strange files in your temp folder.

That.. is really convenient I have to say. Wish I had known about this tool the first time I went about converting TNT's soundtrack.

Gez said:

Layer 3, so they're actually MP3 files disguised as WAV files but with an MP2 extension! 6_9

Which would explain why renaming the files worked on a few of my hardware devices.

I didn't know you could store mp2/3 data in a file like that. Learn something new every day :)

EDIT: I've converted/multitracked one Final Doom MIDI (TNT Map01) and can upload the mp3 somewhere if you'd like. It's up on youtube:

Snakes said:

I've been trying to find a way to play Doom music from PWADs in my car. Seems like the only way to do this is to convert them to MP3 and play them via my iPod. Anybody have some good advice as to how I can go about doing this?

I use XMPlay with it's Wad and Midi plugins (for which you'll need a decent soundfont) and output the tracks to Lame for encoding.

Snakes said:

A SLIGHT OT QUESTION:

A less indirect way is to use a MIDI-capable device such as a cell phone with a standard 3.5 mm headphone output which can also play MIDI ringtones. Quality is between FM and cheapo wavetable at best though. Also, this only works for MIDI files, not MUS (you'd still need to go from MUS to MIDI).

The MIDI player on my free Sony-Ericsson phone is surprisingly good for game music, though it sounds a lot better playing stuff written for synths rather than guitars. My Blackberry makes MIDI sound like trash. It can't even balance the volumes of the various instruments, so it's worthless. My olde Nokia phone had some weird FM thing going, but it doesn't map patches like GM I think. Playing one of their MIDI files on a PC makes it sound like they were written for an MT-32 or something.

Snakes said:

A SLIGHT OT QUESTION:

While listening to the songs (in-game, or whatever means you like) use Audacity or something similar to record your stereo mix. It basically grabs any audio that comes out of your speakers "as-is."

Jonny Powers said:

Um, I found this guy that had MOST of Doom 1/ Doom 2 music, only missing the last few tracks for Doom 2:

http://www.sirgalahad.org/paul/doom/

Hope this helps!
Also, if someone can give me links to mp3's of the last few tracks from Doom 2, that would be great.

Thanks. But this thread was made a long time ago (check the date), and I already converted MP2 to MP3.