Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Insane_Gazebo

Hexagon based geometry

I'm trying to think of ways to make interesting geometry based off hexagons, as I had an idea for a map revolving around some giant abstract hive/temple structure. I've been toying around in DB2 for a while now and haven't created anything that I like so far, so I was wondering if any of you guys either had any ideas, or had seen some good stuff in some other maps that I had missed that might help me out a bit.

The only thing I could think of was the Organ in DVII, and that later map in SoD, which didn't look that great.

Perhaps 10 Sectors map32, fittingly titled "Hexagon". Although, if you didn't care for that one map in Speed of Doom, I doubt this will impress you either.

You can use slightly irregular hexagons for natural shapes, too. Basaltic organs is one type of natural terrain that the Doom engine can handle adequately without needing needing additional features such as slopes or 3D floors, and it looks cool, too.

Gez said:

You can use slightly irregular hexagons for natural shapes, too. Basaltic organs is one type of natural terrain that the Doom engine can handle adequately without needing needing additional features such as slopes or 3D floors, and it looks cool, too.

First photo is a good idea actually. I might play around with something similar.

I can't seem to access the second link, though. (I'm getting a 403.)