Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mmnpsrsoskl

3d bridge

First things first : I have read the Doomworld Editing pages.

Second : I tried to make a 3d bridge but when I tried to use it...their was HOM everywhere, and basically it was a total mess.

So, could someone point me to an example pwad or something that will show me how to do it properly.

I checked everything, it seemed ok. But knowing my skills in map making, something is wrong and I don't know what.

If you would consider using a source port (such as ZDooM), then making 3D bridges is a snap. In fact ZDooM provides everything you need to make a 3D bridge.

If you're working with vanilla DooM I can't help you, as I've never made a 3D bridge without a source port. Sorry.

Sorry, I can't use ZDoom or EDGE. I can use Legacy or Boom. But don't worry about it...i'll try and figure out how it screwed up...

I think he's trying to do them for doom2.exe. Sadly few people master that art nowadays :\. Look at requiem and dystopia3. There are some cool 3d bridges in there.

here's an example I did minutes ago.

click here

now when you open this in a editor, pay close attention to the linedefs of the bridge. See that both sides are refering to one sector.

now when you open this in a editor, pay close attention to the linedefs of the bridge. See that both sides are refering to one sector.

Linedef Pusher

=þ

Requiem has one of the best examples of 3D-bridges. I made two of them in Stone Stratagems - Map18. There's always bound to be at least one in a megawad.

Originally posted by mmnpsrsoskl
Thanks for all the help...

Deathman : when I tried your link....it got a 404 error.

Anyways...thanks again.

link is fixed.....

I've nearly finished my 1st map(INDUSTRIAL.WAD),an' it's got 4.Yeah I had to read the DoomWorld description a coupla times before it made sense,it was those 'dummy sectors in the void' I didn't initially understand.

Yup this map I've played once or twice and I have to admit its not too bad [/sarcasm].In other words if you haven't played it,do so.

Yeah when I first tried it I layed down all the sectors first and in the end it got really confusing. This time I put them down one at a time and adjusted them according first before moving on.