Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HenKonen

Problem with powerup Wads

Hi!

I've been playing with the resource wads in realm667.com, but now I seem to have stumbled upon a problem I cannot solve. Help a newbie out.

I'm using Skulltag 0.98d and have managed to get a life powerup and a guard sphere to work and even modify them a bit. When I tried applying the rage sphere found in the site (Link to sphere's wad, but now I get this error message:

The script looks like this:

Okey, so everything simply isn't compatible.

What would you recommend as base for most mapping and wad editing? I like Skulltags additional weapons and powerups and I would like to use them when mapping. Is it possible to add the skulltag weapons and powerups to Zdoom?

Herska said:

Is it possible to add the skulltag weapons and powerups to Zdoom?

Weapons: yes, all of them.
Powerups: yes except the random powerup.
Runes: not at all, though a few can be made as powerups.
Monsters: yes, without problems.
Other: the maxarmormaxbonus bonus (:p) cannot be ported, though the maxhealthmaxbonus bonus can be imitated with the stamina upgrade.

Gez said:

Other: the maxarmormaxbonus bonus (:p) cannot be ported,

Oh, it can! That functionality is present in ZDoom as part of the BasicArmorBonus class. IIRC Skulltag even uses this itself this way so the item should work as it is.

And sorry to multipost, but this subject seems to go under this thread title as well.

I thought of making a powerup of my own by combining the Ragesphere and the Ammo Sphere, thus making a berserk powerup that speeds up your fire rate and gives you infinite ammo for a short time. I've edited some powerups so far, but only the duration and magnitude of the effects.

Is it possible to have more than one effect in one powerup? How should that be scripted to the Wad file?

Edit: Figured it out, gonna upload the new powerup to Realm667 Soon!

Herska said:

And sorry to multipost, but this subject seems to go under this thread title as well.

I thought of making a powerup of my own by combining the Ragesphere and the Ammo Sphere, thus making a berserk powerup that speeds up your fire rate and gives you infinite ammo for a short time. I've edited some powerups so far, but only the duration and magnitude of the effects.

Is it possible to have more than one effect in one powerup? How should that be scripted to the Wad file?

Edit: Figured it out, gonna upload the new powerup to Realm667 Soon!

At the top of my head, a quick way to do it would be to include (edited as you want them) the 2 powerups. Then make a custom inventory pickup to use as the actual pickup, calling it say 'InifiRage' or something, then include 2 calls to A_GiveInventory to actually give the powerups. You can follow this: http://zdoom.org/wiki/A_GiveInventory
To the player, it will act just like any other powerup.

The megasphere is implemented like this in zdoom: http://zdoom.org/wiki/Megasphere