Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Are there any Wolfenstein texture/enemy packs out there?

I was wandering if there are any Wolfenstein texture/enemy/weapon packs out there, because I am a bit interested in creating a Wolfenstein style MOD to get a break from making a typical Doom map/mod.

Well, are there?

If Laz Rojas's Wolfendoom projects allow modification and reuse, they'd probably be a great place to start. Particularly the more Doom-styled ones, like Rheingold and Arctic Wolf, as their textures would probably be more suited to Doom's more complex geometry than the all-128x128-cubes-all-the-time of the direct Wolf3d mapset ports.

I'd hope you're planning on actually making this with the Doom engine in mind, in any case. Wolf/WWII-themed mapsets can be pretty nice and are somewhat of a rarity, but speaking for myself at least I'd be significantly less interested if you were planning to emulate Wolf3D's map design style as well. :P

esselfortium said:

If Laz Rojas's Wolfendoom projects allow modification and reuse, they'd probably be a great place to start. Particularly the more Doom-styled ones, like Rheingold and Arctic Wolf

Links please!

esselfortium said:

I'd be significantly less interested if you were planning to emulate Wolf3D's map design style as well. :P

lol.

No I do not intend to emulate Wolfenstein's boring and uninteresting 2-D level design.

In fact I was thinking about making this for Zdoom and use many modern (modern in the sense that it uses none-vanilla features) features like colored lights, scrips, new weapons and enemies etc.

EDIT:

After reading the readme files for the 2 projects you mentioned I saw this:
-----------------------------------------------------
*Copyright/Permissions*

Authors may not use this level as a base to build
additional levels.
----------------------------------------------------

Does that mean that using stuff like the textures is forbidden, or is it only forbidden to use a modified version of the actual level/levels?

I really hope its not the former. I hate it when mod makers try to boost their ego by forbidding any recycling of their projects resources (textures, models etc) for other projects just so that their stands out a bit more.

2nd EDIT: Ehhhhh....it appears that not all of the resources are even his. The pistol appears to be ripped from ROTT. Can he even claim ownership over the resources if he just rips them from other sources?

Speaking of ripping resources, you can view the walls, sprites and other graphics from Wolfenstein, Spear of Destiny and the Lost Episodes with Slade; and convert them to PNG or Doom graphics from there.

Gez said:

Speaking of ripping resources, you can view the walls, sprites and other graphics from Wolfenstein, Spear of Destiny and the Lost Episodes with Slade; and convert them to PNG or Doom graphics from there.

I thought Wolfenstein was textureless, am I wrong?

Also, I don't know much about converting textures so that is a bit beyond me. Also, I mostly just want the enemy sprites rather then the actual textures because while I am aiming for a rather modern combat style mod with human enemies rather then monsters its not really suppose to take place in WW II.

hardcore_gamer said:

Does that mean that using stuff like the textures is forbidden, or is it only forbidden to use a modified version of the actual level/levels?

He is not granting any permission to use anything from his wad. And if permission is not specifically granted, then it is withheld. That's how copyright works.

Of course, if he didn't make certain stuff, then he cannot restrict the use of that stuff by anyone else. That's not to say that it is free to use - that depends on whatever permissions were granted by whoever made it.

hardcore_gamer said:

I thought Wolfenstein was textureless, am I wrong?

Yes you are. Floors and ceilings are textureless; but the walls are textured. Have you never played Wolf?