Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aca

What are you getting people for Christmas??

Hey I need some suggestions on what to get my girlfriend and the rest of my family for christmas... What are you guys getting your loved ones?

I'm only looking to spend like $50USD on each person and last year I had real crappy presents, I made a homemade card for my mom with a gift certificate to apple store and edible panties and flavored condoms for my girlfriend which didn't go over too well..

I'm planning on getting my dad a foosball table off of craigslist if I can find one cheap. If not I might settle for some Harley Davidson stuff for him instead.

At most a bottle of Bulgarian "Black Ram" whiskey and/or some macho russian "Trojnoj odekolon" (cologne) from the bazaar.

You can't go wrong with...new socks.

I love the the feel of new socks on my feet.

No really!

It's the perfect gift!

My family isn't doing presents this year. We need the money for my bro's wedding. Well, we will do some cheap crap. Will probably give mom my iPod too. She wants one; I have a nice one; I don't need it. Will give dad some kind of booze. He and I do that a lot now. Favourite girl will give me cookies she made. Not sure what to give her.

For my wife, a combined colour fax/copier/scanner/printer.

Coincidentally, she's got me something that came in a box of an almost identical size. I hope we haven't got each other the same thing. Although having one on each floor would be kind of useful.

Beyond that, I don't know yet.

aca: Try K-Y Yours + Mine. You just weren't being saucy enough with the edible panties and flavoured condoms.

I built my dad a brand new PC (which just so happens to max out Crysis), and I got him on the internet as well. Also getting him a new monitor so he can stop straining his eyes on that piece of junk gateway thing he still has.

Getting my mom a cookbook and Vacation on DVD. Getting my sister the Zombie Survival Guide and The Fifth Element on DVD. Getting my dad the first season of Babylon 5. I'm baking my friends a bunch of cookies. We're also doing a Secret Santa thing amongst my friends, and I drew my friend who works for Microsoft and makes tons of money. I don't know what he'd want. I considered getting him the Nerf sniper rifle since he plays snipers in like every RPG we play ever, but then I realized he has tons of real guns anyway, so I'm at a loss. Maybe I'll get him Magic cards or something.

Man, I feel like I'm being shitty with gifts this year. :/

I plan on getting season 2 of Parks and Recreation for my brother. ...Although technically the PS3 slim along with two games, extra controller and the Blu-Ray version of Boondocks Saints 2 was supposed to be an early Birthday/Christmas gift for both of us.

I also got my sister season 1 of Modern Family and my oldest sister and her husband a tripod for their camera and a photo album and a chew toy for their puppy.

I'm hoping I can scrape together a few bucks to buy my little sister one of those Lego game for the 360 (either Star Wars or Indiana Jones or Harry Potter...gotta figure out which one she'd like the best). I downloaded one of the demos for one of those games and she plays it all of the time. I barely play my 360, so I figured someone should get some use out of it. That's probably the only present I'll be able to buy though as I am B-R-O-K-E :(.

Danarchy said:

I considered getting him the Nerf sniper rifle since he plays snipers in like every RPG we play ever, but then I realized he has tons of real guns anyway, so I'm at a loss. Maybe I'll get him Magic cards or something.

Nerf guns are awesome in the office. :D

Clonehunter said:

Where the hell do you work?

Last office I worked in was Dell. USB missile launchers, marshmallow cannons, nerf guns and rogue beach balls were common. Nothing like being in mid-sentence with a customer when a beach ball bounces off your monitor and hits you in the face. :D

Then there were the complimentary, goo-filled stress balls one Christmas. Yeah, they didn't make that mistake again!

My family agreed on gift cards this year. It's safe but it's also very boring. I never thought I'd say this but christmas sucks.

God, my mom just asked me what I want for Christmas and all I could think of was "new headphones". I have no idea what to get her, let alone my brother ._. (he did seem to like the Best Buy gift card I got him last year, though)

You know you gave the edible panties and flavored condoms to your mom and the gift certificate to your girlfriend. No need to change your story.

Danarchy said:

Getting my dad the first season of Babylon 5.

Babylon 5 is one of my favorite shows.

Anyway, I hate to say it, but like some others here, I don't really have the money to give out gifts. The best I'll probably do is write out my annual Christmas cards.

Oh my god pedophilia-terrorism! I have alerted obama about this who will detain all involved parties (so he can kiss them in secret himself).

KingKill33 said:

I'm getting my girlfriend an optometrist appointment and myself a nice $200 midi keyboard.

I'm reminded of the scene in Star Trek II when McCoy gives Kirk the antique reading glasses and the ensuing lack of enthusiasm... heh

I've got my folks a load of stuff from where I work - I work for a conservation charity and we have a shop on site that sells the charities' lines - stuff like pâté - I got a selection of finest duck and orange, trout, mixed game etc. Then boozy truffles, expensive handcreams, all that kinda shit. Getting my dad highland whisky, shortbread collection etc.

Basically stuff that will be consumed as this house is too full of niknak shit already and we need less not more.

No woman in my life atm so that will save a small fortune.

I'm getting myself a new phone. Maybe an N8. We'll see. Not a fucking iphone, though.