Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

Doom Is 17 and Still Sexy!

Happy birthday Doom!

Hey, since I"m fairly new to the community and that, I have a question. When are the Cacowards usually posted?

I celebrated by playing through Knee Deep in the Dead, can't believe I almost died in Military Base. Doom's 17 but I must be the one getting old.

Damn, I could have beat this thread by about an hour if I had thought of it. :P

Ah, 17 years. Doesn't seem like a very long time when you think about it.

DOOM grew up so fast, but has withstood the test of time. It is only the players who eventually die. ^_^ ...
Hopefully my time for permanently shuffling off this mortal coil won't be too soon, since I'm not even 30 yet, but slowly getting there. :/
So most likely I'll be around for the 25th and the 30th anniversaries.

The further down into the future we go, the more memories accumulate and the wider the vaccuum of extendable content becomes. Man, I still feel as if the golden days of its creation were right around the corner.

I obviously haven't been posting on this forum in a whole year... But this doesn't mean that I completely abandonned the actual game itself or forgotten about it's release date...
In fact, it is utterly impossible for me to forget about DOOM's release date because it coincides with the wedding anniversary of my parents, oddly enough.

I think the Arch-Vile is more likeley to blow the thing to bits rather than just light the candle...

CarpetolA said:

Happy birthday, Doom! I'm going to celebrate this by playing Doom on the PlayStation!

Same here! Happy Birthday Doom

And I think someone wants cake...

Check your cakes for hidden Doomguys before consumption.

"HERE COMES THE NIGHT TRAIN!"

Man, that cyberdemon just wanted cake, and all he got was a knuckle sandwich. Straight to the gizzard. :(

seventeen years? damn... already. i´m surprised how vivid my memories from seeing and playing doom for the first time still are. even the computer´s plastic smell. see 2 years ago. really, i just sat here in front of my pc for a minute or two, wondering.

doom, hell yeah!

And now.... REVENGE WILL BE HIS!

Due to recent incedents, when you see a cake... also check the paremeter for Cyberdemons before consumption. They seem to be pissed and will destroy all cakes in the area.

You aren't 3d,
You're littered with sprites,
You're a nameless space marine,
You're the legions of hell,
You've got no story,
They say you're old and dated,
But I say you're like wine,
Only better with age.

You're fucking awesome Doom. I tip my glass to thee.

Katamori said:

and the funny: I'm 17 years old too! :D the official beta relased 2 weeks before my birth (the first week of October 1993, as I remember) and I was 1,5 month old, when the game relased :)

Thank you for making me feel old.

I just turned 31 and I first played Doom when I was a freshman in high school, dammit.

POTGIESSER said:

You aren't 3d,
You're littered with sprites,
You're a nameless space marine,
You're the legions of hell,
You've got no story,
They say you're old and dated,
But I say you're like wine,
Only better with age.

You're fucking awesome Doom. I tip my glass to thee.

you win a internet, dear sir.

DarkJedi188 said:
In fact, it is utterly impossible for me to forget about DOOM's release date because it coincides with the wedding anniversary of my parents, oddly enough.

I hadn't visited Doomworld for a couple of days or something and almost forgot about it, and read something yesterday about "December 10th, human rights day" and thought "oh wait, it's also DOOM's release day!"

Texas Libra said:

DOOM is 17, the legal age of consent in my state, heh.

I was about to post "my state too", but then I saw your username and realized how redundant it would be.

And then I posted it anyway just for annoyance's sake.

Texas Libra said:

DOOM is 17, the legal age of consent in my state, heh.

Reevys said:

Doom's been legal in Scotland since last year now.

Doom's been legal in my country since TWO years back! I can't wait to see THAT get bested! >=D