Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hekksy

Odamex 0.5.1 Released

For Doom's 17th birthday, the Odamex team has released maintenance version 0.5.1. The two main features are fixed DirectX support that should no longer result in color palette issues in Windows Vista/7, and a slew of changes to the Xbox port to make a few things easier for the Xbox players (notably chat macros). There is also MAPINFO and early ZDoom features included in this version, as well as overall critical bugs fixed. Since DirectX support is fixed, it is now the default rendering method on Windows. Previously GDI was the default and had buggy mouse support. So if you hated Odamex because of its mouse support, you might want to retry it now. Be sure to head on over to http://www.odamex.net to give it a whirl.

This post leaves out some goodness from the official post including joystick support and info on some other fixes/features including improved client prediction, menu additions and more. Also it fails to mention the Odamex team's search for help writing and maintaining documentation (wiki) for the engine. Check it out!

O DAM ex!

Hmm, need to give this a shot again. For some reason, the last time I tried, all the servers showed up empty (but then again, I have retarded internet as it is).

Xaser said:

For some reason, the last time I tried, all the servers showed up empty (but then again, I have retarded internet as it is).

It's not your retarded internet. I sat on two servers last night hoping someone would eventually show up, gave up after a half hour or so.

Sign in to follow this