Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
el zee

ROTT TC Demo Released - UPDATED

Here is a demo of the ROTT TC I've been working on. 2 SP/co-op maps and 5 DM maps.

There's bound to be a few bugs, so please let me know if you find any.

I have included some bat files to make setting up multiplayer a bit easy.

UPDATE: There's a new version 1.1 - which has bugfixes and a new frontend launcher, and also I've added a transpostion of the first level of 'the HUNT begins' just -warp to map30 to see it.

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?msomtysenz7iiiw
or here: http://elzee.cz.cc/elzee/RottTcDemoV1.1.zip

Screenies:

I think the world scale is a bit too large for the bad guys.

Yeah ROTT had very high ceilings, but the bad guys didn't seem dwarfed, like they are in your TC.

Hm. I never played ROTT but the TITLEPIC looks pretty promising.

I think it's very nice. Don't have any problems with world scale.

The big difference I noticed is that you can carry more than one big weapon at the same time though.

EDIT: Oh yeah, please add an autosave after the boring intro screen.

Hopefully some people can try out Deathmatch with this mod, 5hfifty and me had heaps of fun playing it, I hope it goes down well.

Regarding the Scale, it seemed ok to me? if you switch characters they all have different heights, so if you pick one of the girls maybe the enemies will look bigger, heh.

Looks great! I was wondering, are you going to be doing a full wad
or just a few levels? Also, It would be good if the original levels
could be translated over to gzdoom, but that would probably be
breaking a rule somewhere, keep up the good work!

This looked fantastic.

However, I've been having a problem with custom wad's lately that don't let me change weapons if there's any custom ones. So, I was stuck on whatever weapon I picked up last, and none of the weapon change keys worked. This isn't a fault with your wad, just a bug somewhere in one of my cfg files or something. (Changing versions of G/ZDoom hasn't helped.) This bug also caused me to start the second map without any weapons at all.

Anyway, this looked great. Just wish I could have played through what you had done without cheats.

Just played the first map and I must say, this is awesome! Just implement the fact that you can't have more than one big weapon at a time and it will be perfect! I also noticed skill settings aren't in yet.

I made it past the coolant tunnels in the robot factory... now what?
Is there something supposed to happen in this giant room?

I just figured it out and beat the core :D

Per-Scan said:

How!?

Those four glowing things take a lot of rockets to kill

rf` said:

Those four glowing things take a lot of rockets to kill

They sure do, a little hint pops up when you walk in the room.
Everytime you take one out guys telport in...

el zee said:

They sure do, a little hint pops up when you walk in the room.
Everytime you take one out guys telport in...

I never had a hint show up when I entered that room.

Fucking awesome. It's like ROTT as it's meant to be, and it kicks Doom's ass.

Here's some things I noticed:

1. You can shoot through GADs
2. Long windows block rockets and explode them
3. The split missile doesn't split soon enough
4. Rockets don't always kill weaker enemies on direct impact
5. When caught in a net, the screen doesn't move when you wiggle left and right
6. Heat-seeking rockets sometimes land near the enemy instead of on him
7. Let's get some silver barrels going; didn't see none of them

P.S. I'll fuck anyone up in multiplayer, let's roll

You should post some more screenshots, many people don't download WADS if they don't know what they are downloading.

EDIT: My anti-virus program deleted the file, claiming that it was "infected". It has never done this to a Doom Mod/WAD I have downloaded before, and I have downloaded hundreds so I would not just carelessly dismiss this as a false positive.

Download at your own risk.

hardcore_gamer said:

You should post some more screenshots, many people don't download WADS if they don't know what they are downloading.

EDIT: My anti-virus program deleted the file, claiming that it was "infected". It has never done this to a Doom Mod/WAD I have downloaded before, and I have downloaded hundreds so I would not just carelessly dismiss this as a false positive.

Download at your own risk.

That is odd, it might be the .exe's they're just batch files though, and AVG seems to think they're fine.

Fantastic stuff! I loved how the robot theme of the second level enhanced, but didn't overpower the ROTT-style level design, creating some great setpieces.

Some things I noticed:
- I felt the enemies were a little too accurate.
- No autoaim.
- Lost all my weapons from one level to the other.

Also, for some reason the core was invisible. I used the latest version of GZDoom.

Hey Zee, great TC, this takes me back to my childhood :] Seriously, I used to play ROTT over and over and over again. I still have the instruction manual. I played your TC on skill 3, found 3 secrets on level 1, 1 secret on level 2.

Some things:
1) The lightning guard occasionally has a bazooka and rather than use his gun he shoots missiles and drops a bazooka with one or two bullets (can't remember the exact number). I believe this applied to the two hardest skill settings.
2) The "red" key is called the Oscuro key (named after the end boss) and is never meant to be used for completing a level. Rather, it's meant to store secret valuables, such as the DIP (developers of incredible power) balls.
3) As said, the enemies were more accurate than in the original game, especially on skill 4.
4) I felt the enemies were a bit too small, especially when standing right next to them.
5) I don't have a problem with carrying more than one missile weapon at a time :] I get to kill more stuff.
6) Oh yeah, and I didn't see power-ups such as God mode, Dog
mode, and so forth. Maybe 3 times life could give a crazy amount of health over a short duration.
7) The crystals were used for the monk levels only (minor point I guess).

Excellent work overall.

Thanks guys, you can all look forward to the full version being awesome. keep the bugs coming if you find any. :D

I'm going to set up a Return of the Triad game tonight at 21:00.

I'm using GZDoom r1124 found here (I've found it to be the most stable):

http://svn.drdteam.org/gzdoom/

I'm setting up a 2 player game but if anyone else wants to join in either post in the Comm-Bat thread at the ROTT Forum (see my sgnature) thread or use this IRC channel:

irc://ircnet/ROTT

As I mentioned before I find Firefox with Chatzilla the easiest way to get on an IRC channel. It's simple with a clear GUI.

Hope to see some of you guys!

Just something I noticed that you might want to know: I was able to pick up a bazooka even though I already had one with full ammo.

I can't open the pk3 file. It writes:

Execution could not continue.

Script error, "GAMEINFO" line 1:
Expected identifier but got string constant "Return of the Triad" instead.