Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mathey bu

baron of hell high definition, still working...

i don't think so...

also, i am upgrading some skills, adding intense musculature, intense lights and shadows, and veins:

i only need to practice more and get the real style.

EDIT:

the former human, it's a little difficult to me... i know every muscle that a body have, but i don't know how is the real "gun look" of the forman human, so the problem is only the gun...

It looks like a painting. With veins. No thanks.

I would really like to know what's your motivation behind this, since you're obviously spending a lot of time doing this. Do you really think people will download and actually load a 500 mb file every time they wanna play Doom just for ... veins?!

And btw maybe this is just my opinion, but those veins look horrible. Not even is it far from anything that you can see in reality, but did you think about the animation frames have the veins on the same places? Because if not the animation will make them flicker like a static tv screen. Have fun with your project.

you know that i am traing! dont you?

and my motivation is simple: i wanna do!

no one is perfect, yes i have fun with my project, i am practicing and owning good results!

500 mb? hahahaha... Doom3 is more than 1gb!
If you dont like my project, no need to spend your time posting here, ok?

hmm... the next frame i will decrease the veins size.

my smooth is "bettering":

I just watched your forum and I mus to say that the best looking hi-res sprite is that one Cacodemon made by Pelle123. Also first versions of Baron looks much much better then that from your previous post (too much unrealistic mess is in this sprite).

unfortunatly pelle opined to give up doing sprites... his style is pretty good, but takes long long time to do... he opined to do models

yes, smooth styles is pretty good, but i am training with high definiton now. And with a demonic skin.

Making 3d hi-poly models is a very good way to make hi-res sprites. Id software make the sprites from photos of clay-models, so if you have finished 3d models with skin, you can captured every frame you want, and you will not have to worry about "flickering" during the animation.

yes! But there is only one problem!

good models needs no limitations, doom only support limited models like mdl, md2, md3. Like jdoom models, it's so triangular... i didn't like...

You don't understand me. I know the models for doom looks ugly. I say about making screenshots of the hi-poly, rendered 3d model in max (or any other editor). After that you can make sprite from this screenshot.

This is only suggestion. I have respect to your work, but you have to improve many things. Remember, this is only constructive criticism.

Edit: And if you have some trouble with face of the Baron, you can take pattern from the marbface texture.

yes i use this texture as base on my sprites.

someday i ll practice models and maybe a ultra hq doom will come **

EDIT:

i liked this style very much! it's so fast to do a frame:

i did only his torso...

I kinna like this last one. I thought the veins just made him look old. Have you loaded these sprites to see what he looks like in the game at all? I know if you only have a frame or two completed, you'll probably have to play slow-mo or use the pause cheat to get a good look ... sometimes the image borders just don't blend so well into the game's environment.

Well, it's MORE BETTER than the start. However, my favourite is still the original Baron of Hell with his pixel-horns and pixel-face :P

BlueEagle said:

Here you can see a low resolution sprite made into HD. See all the added details? This is how you do it.

While adding some Paint Pencil marks here and there makes it more detailed, its not High Def at all. Just more detailed sprites. HD is more like taking a picture of the Lincoln Memorial, and downsizing it to a nice size, without it getting it pixelated or blurred in anyway, but by keeping all the orginal detail still there, but smaller. Think ZDoom Scale factor and Harmony, maybe...

Wow, there's so many negative comments here. I think what's being do here is looking pretty cool so far and I've definitely seen worse. I mean obviously everyone's going to like the original sprites best because of Doom/pixelated nostalgia and it is impossible to create everyone's image of what a higher res version of the monsters should look like because everyone's perceives them differently. Besides there is not a single complete high res monster sprites wad to date. So people shouldn't discourage someone from making one regardless of the quality (which could be much worse). So good luck and keep up the productive work.

I quite like some of its looks throughout the thread. It all depends on how it looks ingame though.

Id love to see examples of other monsters :p

Eh, I don't like this one as much. It looks too flat and the edges are all weird. The last Baron rendition is pretty good though.

Katamori said:

Well, it's MORE BETTER than the start. However, my favourite is still the original Baron of Hell with his pixel-horns and pixel-face :P

Another person that likes classic :) However, the very last Hellbaron HD looks kinda better than the ones before.

Mathey - I think this style has looked best so far.

not too shiny and not too washed out so as to look like a painting. The colours I think maintain the same vivid appearance as the original but with extra detail in the shading. it would be interesting to see the Demon in the same style. I think the image you've just posted needs more contrast like the above image. esp in the under arm and underbelly areas.

I tip my hat to your efforts. I agree with the earlier sentiments re: imagined detail, and yes the original sprite detail has a nostalgic charm all it's own. But I think there is still an opportunity for someone to produce a more detailed sprite set that stays faithful to the original but also gives our imaginations some more info to go on ;o)

I would imagine though the most striking features (the faces) will be the most difficult to 'nail'. Good luck tho!

-Travers

yes, i liked this smooth too, but i need something more detiled, and more realist... i am trying every effect that i have!

is it too blurred or bad?

dont need to care of the red edge, it ll be fixed!