Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AveryMaurice

Upcoming games you're most excited about?

Thought this thread would make for good discussion with all the new announcements at the VGAs, they dont need to be coming out this year or next, just list a few upcoming titles your excited for.

Probably for me: Rage, Doom 4, Crysis 2, Duke Nukem Forever, MechWarrior, Black Mesa Source and Gears of War 3.

I heard DNF is using regenerative health, so thats a huge disappointment, although it might work well, guess I'll find out during the beta. Also, if MechWarrior follows the style of the older titles such as MW3 and 4 I think it will be a great game, unless we get that MechAssualt-style shit again.

the video game industry will be violently and horrifically molesting my wallet next year considering how many games I'm looking forward too. Just to name a few: Brink, Bulletstorm, Mass Effect 3, DNF, Rage, Deus Ex 3, Portal 2.

I'd be excited about Mech Warrior 5, but I haven't heard anything about it since I saw the initial trailer.

Diablo 3 and Doom 4.

I wish i could say Rage too, but the game play videos they showed did most it could to curb my enthusiasm for the game.

Any game based on the EXTREEEEEME!!11!! Video Game Name generator.

Craigs said:

the video game industry will be violently and horrifically molesting my wallet next year considering how many games I'm looking forward too. Just to name a few: Brink, Bulletstorm, Mass Effect 3, DNF, Rage, Deus Ex 3, Portal 2.

I'd be excited about Mech Warrior 5, but I haven't heard anything about it since I saw the initial trailer.

Remove Deus Ex 3 from your list, it ain't coming next year. It's been moved to the next fiscal year due financial problems and that it needs polishing (which means it's coming in 2012)

Portal 2, Duke Nukem Forever (more interested in it than excited), Rage (interested in what it's going to play like, how mod-friendly it is going to be, and what the engine is really capable of on high-end systems), and Mass Effect 3.

Doom 4
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Guild Wars 2
Rage
Half-Life 2 Episode 3
Duke Nukem Forever
Mass Effect 3 (still playin teh 2nd one)
Dungeon Siege 3

That's all I can think of for now.

alterworldruler said:

Remove Deus Ex 3 from your list, it ain't coming next year. It's been moved to the next fiscal year due financial problems and that it needs polishing (which means it's coming in 2012)

Yeah, I just read about that. 2012 seems to be an exaggeration though. From the three articles I read it just looks like it's going to be coming out a couple of months later. Of course this does make me hate the final fantasy series even more since it's partially responsible for the delay. :P

I already have a big backlog of games I need to play, so there's not really anything I'm looking forward to. It helps that most games are extremely boring these days.

Duke Nukem Forever (Let's hope the regenerating health thing is just some nasty rumor)
Doom IV
MechWarrior V (Assuming it actually comes out and isn't locked under that bullshit lawsuit)
Half Life 2 Ep 3 (Assuming it comes out within the next 20 years instead of just some crap letdown announcements for Portal 3 and L4D3.)
Modern Warfare 3 (Assuming the new dev team makes the campaign good enough like the last two MWs, probably going to bargain bin this one.)

Beyond that it's mostly older titles.

Technician said:

Doom 4 and DNF are the only two games I will buy in the near future.

This and maybe Rage. Also, the well rumored and most likely never going to happen Jedi Knight 4, which I wll always hope for.

Bulletstorm. I actually pre-ordered it, which I've done exactly zero times before now.

Other than that, maybe Dead Space 2. I was pleasantly surprised with the first one.

Xaser said:

Other than that, maybe Dead Space 2. I was pleasantly surprised with the first one.

I'm just worried about the multiplayer. Why must every fucking game have multiplayer?

I'll make a point to not try it out when I get the game. :P

'Course, that's easy when you're a broke Xaser who doesn't have (nor want/need) Live.

Mr. Freeze said:

I'm just worried about the multiplayer. Why must every fucking game have multiplayer?

Because regardless if it needs it or not, every new shooter/horror game "must" have multiplayer because it attracts the $.