Find results in...
Katamori

Merry Christmas!

Katamori said:

How do you celebrate that?

It is a secret to everyone!

Merry Xmas!

Merry Cristmas! :)

mostly: sitting by a PC listening to nice music, enjoying the atmosphere of people drinking happilly and celebrating cristmas.
hanging around the internet and these forums

Merry Christmas (none of that happy holidays crap)

Just hanging out with the family gossiping, eating, praising Jesus (mostly my grandpa), gossiping, chilling, eating, gossiping, eating, eating, the usual.

Well, both parties that I was planning to go to have been cancelled due to both hosts having bugs, so I'm doing absolutley nothing this christmas.

(Yeah, I made this image myself.)

PRIMEVAL said:

Merry Christmas (none of that happy holidays crap)

You do realize 'happy holidays' is something typically said between thanksgiving and new years and there is a metric fuckton of holidays being observed and celebrated by just about everyone on the planet? You DO understand this, right?

Christians are not the only people celebrating something this time of year and they do not 'own' the idea of celebratory cheer in december.

I will celebrate by stacking up on games from the Steam Holiday sale, along with playing lots of games into the early morning hours.

Ultraboy94 said:

(Yeah, I made this image myself.)

U JOLLY

Anyway, as for a real answer, I'm going to an Xmas party in a few minutes with friends. We did Secret Santas this year, and I'm curious to know who got me. I got my friend a picture book about the history of guns, which is great for him because he loves guns and is dyslexic. I also baked a metric fuckton of cookies this year. Two batches of fudge, two batches of Eskimo cookies, two batches of mint swirl brownies, two batches of chocolate chip pan cookies, and a batch of snickerdoodles (a last-minute idea of mine with an improvised recipe).

Then for Xmas Eve, I'm going over to my Mom's and will spend the night. We might do something then, not sure. We had a tradition of going out to look at house lights, but apparently no one in the entire Puyallup/Tacoma area does that, so we gave up.

HO HO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Getting drunk. Very drunk.
I'm drunk right now and it's not even Christmas yet.

Katamori said:

Merry Christmas and a happy new year for everybody :)

I'm my neighbourhood's santa this christmas. An easy job that pays off rather well, around 30€ a household. One visit lasts about 15minutes including transitions to the other house with a car. I'm going to 20 houses this evening, can't wait :P

I recommend this job to anyone with the proper equipment, doesn't give a shit about celebrating christmas and doesn't hate children too much :D

Herska said:

I recommend this job to anyone with the proper equipment, doesn't give a shit about celebrating christmas and doesn't hate children too much :D

That job doesn't exist here. There was the santa at the mall, who gave basically nothing except a photo-op and the santa at the rugby club, who looked suspiciously like this huge guy, Al. He gave real presents. Then there were all the presents from santa at home that were tagged with my mom's writing. :D

My family is in different, yet still local, places, so we will be moving among them, eating drinking, and making fun of stuff. And to add to the confusion, I'm bringing my friend who once was my girlfriend, but isn't, yet kind of is, and she hasn't met my brother's fiance yet. :D

Quast said:

You do realize 'happy holidays' is something typically said between thanksgiving and new years and there is a metric fuckton of holidays being observed and celebrated by just about everyone on the planet? You DO understand this, right?

Christians are not the only people celebrating something this time of year and they do not 'own' the idea of celebratory cheer in december.

Christians are the only people who celebrate Christmas? I live in the United States, and most of us celebrate Christmas. Nobody in my family is in no way religious, nevermind Christian, and we celebrate Christmas. Christmas is now a consumer whore holiday where people buy stuff they wouldn't normally, prop up a giant pine tree in there house, littering it with lights, among other weird things and I couldn't even tell you why. And hopefully in the end you are spending time with family and friends.

So look beyond is Christian origins (there's a lot of those holidays...), fuck happy holidays, it's merry Christmas.

I am currently at my parents house with my girlfriend. We will exchange gifts, visit my grandparents. Pretty standard.

Partaking in the merciful consumption of alcohol, whilst bearing the full brunt of what has become the absurd spectacle of gluttonous indulgence, commercial opportunism and deployment of false sincerities between people, collectively known as "Christmas".

...Actually, I don't dislike Christmas at all. And I'm ALWAYS happy if others are happy, this time of the year or otherwise. It's just a difficult period for me. And it's easier to assume the clichéd bah-humbug facade than admit to myself what's really wrong.

It's that time of the year, another year has gown down to shit. So Merry Christmas to all of you Doomed Bastards, what the hell are you up to this holiday season? In-laws comin over? Awkward bastard son? too lazy to cook a decent dinner so you're gonna resort to microwave food with noodles in a cup? What's up with your Christmas DoomWorld.. Oh yeah..Jackasses =)

Seriously, Merry fuckin Christmas to all of you guys hopefully an Imp comes down your chimney's with a gift for all.

Side note - I just noticed a Christmas thread done already, hence forth I have the profanity in mine cause i'm pissed and we need a Rated-R Christmas thread, why not?. Thank you, so much..Jack wagon.

My family doesn't celebrate Christmas because it's the devil's holiday.

hobomaster22 said:

So look beyond is Christian origins (there's a lot of those holidays...), fuck happy holidays, it's merry Christmas.

Allow me to reiterate what said, although I thought it was pretty clear. It doesn't matter if you are non-religious and celebrate christmas. The religious undertones of christmas have nothing to do with it. It's simple, christmas is not the only holiday being celebrated by people.

Nobody gives a shit if you say merry christmas to friends and family and people you know. The entire 'war on christmas' and 'happy holidays' arguments generally appear because either public institutions and private businesses that either display a happy holidays sign, remove a 'manger scene' that they used to display or have their employees greet people with 'happy holidays'. The reason they may choose to do this is because, as I have said twice now, chrismas is not the only holiday people celebrate this time of year, and being inclusive is not a bad thing.

Merry Christmas everybody.

I'll be spending it with Family and opening gifts, devouring turkey and drinking some rum and or beer, plus munching on all the other goodies like cherry pie, cashews and other stuffs.

Where I live, we never eat turkey on celebrates (as I know). On Christmas we eat fish soup and cabbage with meat - there are tradional food here, so sadly I don't know exactly these food's English name

Quast said:

Yup.

Technician said:

Bah humbug! I hope you all choke on your festive related activities.

Someone needs a hug methink... Or a life.

(Isn't it great how the holidays bring around so many antagonistic feelings? I love yelling at people on christmas).