Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Phml

fffart demos (Boom, -complevel 9)

Starting a thread for this, no point spamming misc demos. ;)

First exit on fffart01.wad, before watching gggmork's demo. Not a real max as I don't kill ressurected monsters, and time was I think 5:24 but I don't remember exactly.

ff01-524.zip

First exit on fffart02.wad in 5:59.

Very messy BFG shots, leaving me to finish off cybies with rockets ! Extra health laying around, which means I probably should have played more aggressively.

ff02-559.zip

Since map3 ended up sucking so bad it needed to be scrapped, I tried demoing map1 a ton of times instead, which only ended up with deaths, a shitty time or two, and the 'cursing fail' thread. Then I got 5:20 on map2 in 1 try, pff.

fffart02-cl9-uvmax-520-ggg.zip

Very nice, especially beating it on the 2nd attempt. I think you're more skilled at teh doom than me now.

Really? Because...

Then I got 5:20 on map2 in 1 try, pff.

... You don't want to know how many hours, yes hours, I spent to get a mere 5:37 on map02. ;)

two map3 uvmaxes (probably a lot more attempts than you). Attempting much faster than 4:48 would probably just be annoying for me because it comes down to luck of not having to search for cells at the end, and maybe whether you happen to pass the 'red' wall first in the perimeter sweep to open the door asap:
5:03 letting out door cybers at end
4:48 letting out door cybers early

These 'timed trigger' maps are kind of weird for demos because your speed is restricted to the speed of the triggers a bit. UVspeed would be pretty dumb on these.

fffart03-cl9-uvmax-ggg.zip

Here's another go at 03 in 4:35. I tried to kill archviles faster.

These 'timed trigger' maps are kind of weird for demos because your speed is restricted to the speed of the triggers a bit. UVspeed would be pretty dumb on these.

I thought an AV jump could get you to the final part right away in fff02, but as you need a key to open the door... :P Could still make a quicker way to BFG, although pulling it off is most likely so hard there's no point outside of TAS.

ff03-435.zip

And another (03) run in 4:21. Rather than save the cell ammo, I was much more aggressive with it, using it right away to kill archies and even wasting multiple shots.

ff03-421.zip