Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DemonSlayer

Doom Legacy

Well, I downloaded Doom Legacy, unzipped into my Ultimate Doom Folder, and for some reason when I tried running Doom Legacy, it told me "Doom IWAD not found." Man, why can't these things be simpler? These things should automaticaly install themselves. It would be a lot easier. Ireally want to try Legacy. It looks way better than ordinary Doom, plus
you can look up or down, and a lot of other things. How do I get it to work?

Guest Fanatic

Are the legacy.exe and doom.wad or doom2.wad in the same directory?

Well, I'm not trying to play it with Doom2 but Ultimate Doom. I put it right in the Ultimate Doom folder, but I just keep getting the same old "Doom IWAD not found error."

Like I said before, these source ports should install themselves and before you start playing the game should ask you with what source port do you wish to play Doom with? It WOULD be a lot easier this way. I know I and a lot of other DooMers feel the same way.

Make sure that both iwads are in the same directory where the Legacy launcher is. Then open up the launcher (not legacy.exe). In the window that opens, click "game mode..." and select the iwad.

It doesn't matter whare the IWADs and the legacy.exe are, you just have to tell the launcher where they are.
Just click on "game mode" button, browse the gray window on top to show where the the legacy.exe is, and set the others to your game WAD files.