Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

lupinx-Kassman said:

Happy new decade everyone.

Seconded. One of my New Year's resolutions is to be less pedantic.

Mine is to be less of an asshole in real life, and more on Doomworld.

Serious note... To those who dont drink, Here's for you.

lupinx-Kassman said:

Likewise! But erm, I always thought that the decade ended with the '9 and not the '10. Have I been living in past for the last 12 months?

Anyway, my New Year's resolution is to stop hunching and sit up straight, which may sound like a poor man's resolution but is in fact a truck-load harder than I once thought. The "question mark" back has got to be sorted out!

Xeros612 said:

Alright! Time for another year pretty much like the previous one.

Oh, come now. Not just a new year. A new decade! Myself, I plan to straighten out my life a bit and focus more on what's important.

Drive safely, everyone!

Radon said:

Mine is to be less of an asshole in real life

Don't. The only virtuous life is that of an asshole. When people are wholly reviled by you, this puts you in a position where you can perform good deeds without receiving any credit or praise for them. No act of generosity by a person commonly considered as good can truly be as selfless as this.

This is actually the philosophy I live by.

Anyways, here's to another year of broken resolutions, wasted time and untapped potential. Raise your glasses, folks.

2010 set the bar pretty low. If 2011 is a worse year than 2010 I probably won't be around for the Happy 2012 thread, as I am either:

1.) Without a place to live and post on the Internet from
2.) In such a state of misery that I would not care for the simple things I enjoy.
3.) Dead from whatever killed me

But again, low bar. 2011 will be better.

Happy insignificant date change that kind of pisses me off because I dislike prime numbers and 11 sure is one! *passes around some beers*

esselfortium said:

2010's going to be the year I finally get my life straightened out.

Uhh...I'm pretty sure you meant 2011.

Aliotroph? said:

Happy insignificant date change that kind of pisses me off because I dislike prime numbers and 11 sure is one! *passes around some beers*

Second. 2011 is a really unlikable number. Prime numbers in general are annoying too, it's like they refuse cooperation with anything. Now, such blessed numbers like 8, 16 and 32.. much better. Next year will be a slightly more tolerable, and assuming we survive it, 2016 is going to be swell.

Technician said:

Here's hoping for a better year.

I'm not planning on releasing anything this year.

Happy new year guys, I'm going to be 18% more lovable this year. Also, amazing Doom things will appear.

Two biggest anticipations of mine this year you ask? A big presentation of DOOM4 at Quakecon, and Transformers Dark Of The Moon ends up being a good Transformers flick.

2011's just another great year with DuckReconMajor.

lupinx-Kassman said:

Why does everyone keep saying this? The last decade started in 2000. This one started at the beginning of 2010.

Wow, how the last year just flew by. I hope I can slow down and smell a few roses this year.

Happy New Year all!

DuckReconMajor said:

Why does everyone keep saying this? The last decade started in 2000. This one started at the beginning of 2010.

Not true. There was no year zero, so the first decade "AD" started with Year 1 and ended with AD 10 (ten years - count 'em). So second decade started with AD 11. The first century ended with 100 AD, and the second millennium ended with AD 2000.

Don't you remember all those annoying pedantic twats at the end of 1999 insisting that the new millennium celebrations were a year early? Twats they may have been, but they were 100% correct.

Surprisingly I didn't drink last night. A girl i work with was going to a party at a college but decided not to go, I had some choices of parties to go to but they were all really out of my way and I wasn't sure how I would get my dads car home. I ended up crashing at that girls house. It was pretty awesome anyway.

I got sick on New Year's Eve. I still kinda feel like shit. Nonetheless, 2011 is lined up to be a good year for me, though the last will be pretty hard to compete with. I'm in the mountains with my family and there's nothing resembling a party for miles around, but that's okay because I can't stomach much more than tea anyway. *passes tea around*

Grazza said:

Not true. There was no year zero, so the first decade "AD" started with Year 1 and ended with AD 10 (ten years - count 'em). So second decade started with AD 11. The first century ended with 100 AD, and the second millennium ended with AD 2000.

Don't you remember all those annoying pedantic twats at the end of 1999 insisting that the new millennium celebrations were a year early? Twats they may have been, but they were 100% correct.

Except it really doesn't work that way with decades no one says "the 201st decade" or whatever, they say "the 80s", and I don't hear people counting 1990 as the 80s or 1980 as not the 80s.

Happy muthafuckin new year. Drinking on 5 hours of sleep last night (after waking up at 5:45 in the morning for work, no less) was a pretty awesome idea. By 1:00 I had turned into a rambling moron. Good times were had by all.

2011... Will I actually finish college this time? Tune in this June to find out!