Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Toenail

PS3 Browser

Hey, having some issues with the PS3 browser when viewing this site. I know the PS3 browser is a pile of shite, but I like to use it every so often to browse the web because the PC takes so long to boot up.

Anyway, I used to be able to browse the site fine, but the threads wouldn't update correctly, they would stay out of date for sometimes days on end with missing posts etc.

Now since last night whenever I try to get onto Doomworld forums or IdGames database via PS3 browser I just get a white screen with some technobabble on it.

I know it's the PS3 browser's fault, I was just wondering why it has these issues with this site alone.

I frequently use my ps3 to browse the net too, but I haven't been on here. I can maybe confirm it being broken later, but from what you describe it sounds like something wrong with the browser cache...

If you're getting the "server too busy, an e-mail has been sent" or whatever, I also got the same kind of page yesterday in Firefox on my computer.

I got a similar message yesterday using IE8 (or whatever version I have) - I assumed something was down or wrong at the server's end.

Hmmm when I used to use my PS3 to browse, I never had any issues with the site...though my sister has had it for a good few months now so wether something has changed or not I can't tell you.. =/

If you want people to look at an error the least you could do is quote or paraphrase the "technobabble."

But yeah, DW was down for a while yesterday. It was complaining the DB had too many connections, but that could have a number of potential causes.

Aliotroph? said:

But yeah, DW was down for a while yesterday. It was complaining the DB had too many connections, but that could have a number of potential causes.

It's those UGO pricks, they're getting smart to us.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Threads not updating correctly can be fixed by simply refreshing the page. This is caused because the PS3 browser likes to make certain... "assumptions" about the page being viewed already being in cache and such.

But you shouldn't have to do that in the first place.

Ok, I managed to fix it. Nomad was right, it was the cache going wrong somehow. I deleted the cache and it now displays the correct page. Refreshin did not update the page. Only thing is I have to delete the cache every time I browse this site to update it. :/

Also be sure that you turn off JavaScript. The rendering engine of the browser is bad, but the JS engine is horrid. Disabling it will speed things up tremendously (some sites don't even load with it enabled).

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Strange-- browsing from my PS3 has only meant I've had to refresh the page to update it. I wonder if this has anything to do with latent firmware updates, or if I've just been lucky or something.