Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
newgamer

Heretic textures help!

Please someone can help me with some texture files of the game Heretic?
I will start to build a map with the Doom Builder 2. I just don't find any texture.

newgamer said:

Please someone can help me with some texture files of the game Heretic?
I will start to build a map with the Doom Builder 2. I just don't find any texture.

Doom Builder 2 doesn't come with all the resources from the wad because that would be illegal. You need to show it where your heretic wad file is so it can get the textures from it. Add the wad as a resource.

Allright.

Doom Builder 2 doesn't come with all the resources from the wad because that would be illegal. You need to show it where your heretic wad file is so it can get the textures from it. Add the wad as a resource.

But sorry for this noob re-ask. What is the folder where the wap files is Melon? I can create my own folder?

newgamer said:

Heretic II.

Doh! Heretic II uses the Quake2 engine, not the Doom engine. Doom Builder 2 is not an idtech2 engine editor.

Doh! Heretic II uses the Quake2 engine, not the Doom engine. Doom Builder 2 is not an idtech2 engine editor.

Ops. Quake2 Engine!? ...I will search ..., never heard before.

I even try to use the .exe from the Heretic II game to run the wap but nothings happen. Just start the game as normal.

And there I can find more utilities than the Doom Builder? Like textures?

This is Heretic:

This is Heretic II:

As you can see, they are entirely different games.

Because what I really wanted are the objects of this release.

Quite diferent.
I have the second picture game Gez, and is more detailed to build the map meshes.

Well I will search this editor. Maybe create a Heretic map in Doom Builder using the Doom's process. Thanks.