Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jannak

Joke Wads a dying Breed?

Has anyone noticed that there is a lack of joke wads these days as stated by the Cacoawards? Although the closest ones we get is the Turbo Arcade series which is pretty much it.

Also the leading JokeWad authors like deathz0r, Wills, Kaiser (if he's still around) had pretty much fallen out of the picture as well (which is probably the main reason why there is a lack of joke wads these days).

I won't miss jokewads. They usually aren't funny and tend to be ridiculously bad level design and gameplay with very unfunny text alterations.

I'm glad it's a dying breed. I'm going to let actual game developers inject humor into their games, not silly home-brewers who think they're funny.

I'd write CIF4 in a heartbeat, but I suck with DECORATE and ACS. If anyone was into those two, I'd be willing to collaborate.

CIF3 pretty much killed the genre - I'd love to do a proper jokewad in that ilk, but my ACS is not enough.

I like Joke Wads, and it sucks that there not coming around very often. Hmm, maybe I should release my Doom Comic Map... Hard not to laugh with my ridiculous voice acting and something that looks like what we saw in the comic (Which were pretty much blank rooms)... Nah, I'll remake it...

GoatLord said:

I'm glad it's a dying breed. I'm going to let actual game developers inject humor into their games, not silly home-brewers who think they're funny.

uh huh

Good luck with that.

Clonehunter said:

I like Joke Wads, and it sucks that there not coming around very often. Hmm, maybe I should release my Doom Comic Map... Hard not to laugh with my ridiculous voice acting and something that looks like what we saw in the comic (Which were pretty much blank rooms)... Nah, I'll remake it...

As long as the voice acting is better than this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8yc5bnOrSc