Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tormentor667

[Realm667] "Eyecandy All Over 2011" Contest

Clonehunter said:

No submissions, eh? Well kinda effects haven't been done yet? There's not much that I know of that's left to create.

Doom 3 flowing lost souls for example...

Clonehunter said:

No submissions, eh? Well kinda effects haven't been done yet? There's not much that I know of that's left to create.

What about fire effects for torches? Light effects for light resources? Different smoke, different fire? Different weather effects? Particle effects for all kind of nifty things? Forcefiels? ... c'mon, I just brainstormed 10 seconds and already had enough ideas for 10 people :)

Why don't you just do them? You obviously have Photoshop proficiency, as your website and WADs prove.

Mr. Freeze said:

Why don't you just do them? You obviously have Photoshop proficiency, as your website and WADs prove.

It doesn't make much sense to participate on a contest that I also judge :P

Mr. Freeze said:

Because it's a contest you idiot.

Seriously, every time Torm anounces something here does he have to keep recieving the same hostile and retarded responses?

Anyway, added a list of ideas as inspiration...

Ideas

• Underwater Bubbles
  • Fire Torches
  • Light Effects
  • Spark Effects
  • Fireworks
  • Doom 3 Flowing Lost Souls
  • Different Smoke / Fire
  • New weather effects
  • Water Foam for water/lava/nukage falls
  • Rubble Spawner for exploding wall

DeathevokatioN said:

Because it's a contest you idiot.

Seriously, every time Torm anounces something here does he have to keep recieving the same hostile and retarded responses?

Way to motivate people not to use hostile responses!

The only eyecandy I desire are sectors, vertices, and various lighting levels.

I have little knowledge or skills to participate in this contest, but am hoping that it has a good turnout as I'd love to see what cool things people can come up with

I wish everyone good luck.

It's terrific that this contest is held to then benefit the mappers and the community.

Now - someone hurry up and post some cool screen-shots..! :)

Personally, I'd be ecstatic to have a falling-snow effect for GZDoom that is not at all resource-intensive, that I could use for my grand-scale winter-map...

gemini09 said:

Personally, I'd be ecstatic to have a falling-snow effect for GZDoom that is not at all resource-intensive, that I could use for my grand-scale winter-map...

There is already one at Realm667.com

Okay guys, almost 2 weeks left and there have already been some interesting submissions, though there are still ideas and enough space to compete with, so come on and get your submission done in time, we are looking forward to it :)

What, you didn't know that announcing a contest like this at DW was doomed to failure since the beginning?

Tormentor667 said:

The deadline has been moved farther to March 15th so people have some more time left to create some nifty effects :)

you are awesome for continuing this project even though many people in here became idiots and trashed it. good for you dude.