Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vaporizer

SLADE 3 Gfx converter problems

Did you change the Base Resource in the toolbar to heretic.wad, before you tried to convert it to PNG?

Did you overlook the palette selectors? You can choose the palette for input and for output (if outputting in a palette-dependent format).

Did you also overlook the preview graphics updated in real-time? They're just above the palette selectors, actually.

Im really about to give up on Slade 3. I am able to get Flats down. But wall Textures... I import all the graphics. Then Once its its time to add to Patch table and TEXTUREx list I create them, then finally all i have to do is add them then it says there is no PNAMES OR TEXTURE1... but there is, So basicaly its making me recreate PNAMES and Texture1 over and over, on top of that it doesnt add them to PNAMES or TEXTURE1... What am i doing wrong?

This works for me, so I'm going to ask you if you have, per chance, put the PNAMES and TEXTURE1 lumps in between markers? They need to be in the root namespace.

skaman86 said:

lol They need to be between them dont they?

No they don't. They will not work if they are. "Root namespace" means "outside of markers".

skaman86 said:

One last thing. Do they need to be converted? If so, to what?

What? PNAMES and TEXTURE1? They don't need to be converted. (Well, don't use the Strife format for Doom and vice-versa, that's all.)

The image lumps to use as textures will need to be in the "Graphic (Doom)" format.