Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sevenx

About WAD merge with Zdoom

Hi,How I can merge my new WAD with Zdoom ?
I tell about the finish version with my WAD. For example, Hexen is modification and to start the Hexen I do not have to connect a WAD to Hexen... I want to create a modification like Hexen,with merge WAD,without the need to connect WAD.
Understand me ? Can I merge my WAD with Zdoom?

sevenx said:

Understand me ?

Not really. Sorry.

I guess what you mean is that you want to make a stand-alone mod. There are no ways of creating custom stand-alone mods at the moment.

So, for example, NOW if i want to enter in Zdoom , i need connect DOOM2 or DOOM to ZDoom , and then game run. And i want to ask you.

Can you tell me how i can join WAD and ZDoom in a single file ?
Because I want to run Doom game and see only my map.
I want to join WAD with Zdoom in one file.
Understand now ? If yes,please answer...

Gez said:

Not really. Sorry.

I guess what you mean is that you want to make a stand-alone mod. There are no ways of creating custom stand-alone mods at the moment.

Sure there is. Create an IWAD with all custom resources but which meets the recognition criteria for one of the existing commercial IWADs. Voila, instant stand-alone game.

But how add WAD in Doom ? I want that when i run Doom.exe i see only my map in start without any others maps.

Delete all other IWADs.

Or more seriously, select your IWAD and check the "don't ask me this again" box. From then on, you won't see any other choice.

Quasar said:

Sure there is. Create an IWAD with all custom resources but which meets the recognition criteria for one of the existing commercial IWADs. Voila, instant stand-alone game.

That's not what I meant and you know it. :p

Thank for information but i want tell about next.
I have Doom folder with Doom.exe and Doom.wad and other files now...
But when i delete Doom.wad and past my map.wad in folder with Doom.exe and run Doom.exe i see error... because game need something, but i want to run Doom.exe and see my map...

Ouch, seems you gave him bad advice :-/

Doom.exe is the original DOS executable, and it won't run without at least one of DOOM.WAD/DOOM2.WAD/TNT.WAD/DOOM1.WAD/PLUTONIA.WAD in the same directory.

I take that you simply want to run a level that you made?

The full procedure is to launch the executable with -file e.g.

doom.exe -file your_level.wad
With SOME source ports such as ZDoom you can drag & drop the file ON the zdoom.exe, but perhaps what you're really looking for is a frontend/launcher that does these things in a clearer way.

There are several, search this forum for "zdl", "cdl", "doom launcher" etc.

There's no need to modify or "merge" any of your IWADs as you've probably been doing so far.

Thank .
Maybe I will explain later more understandable, but this information i need also . Thank all .

Well cut him some slack, as he's obviously not a native English speaker, and he may well be running the whole thing through a translator just to get by.

From the grammar forms used I'm led to think he's Chinese (am I correct?) but sevenx, you really need to try and be a bit clearer here, we're all having a hard time following you.

Your english is fine to the point it isn't too dificult to understand. I was just being humerous. Maes manifestations are humerous also.

Anyways...