Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
disentomb

creating my own MIDI?

I have no idea how to do this, but would love to learn how...

do I need to play instruments, record them, and then convert them into this type of audio?

is the software free?

where could I find MIDIs that have already been made for doom specificly?

-Thanks to anyone who takes the time to help

If you want some music specifically tailored to your requirements, then check out the Doom Musicians Guild forum. Launch a request there for a MIDI and someone should be able to pick it up.

There's still a lot of MIDI stuff floating around for use in Doom mods, much of it created by avid Doom players. See here.

Midis are made using programs like sequencers, there are many programs on the net, many free- It's about finding the one for you and getting used to it.

No recording needed at all~

Short answer: no.

Longer answer: technically yes, but it's highly unlikely the outcome would be correct.

Full answer: read this.

Caught in an IP range maybe.

The post was in reply to someone asking if it was possible to automatically convert MP3 to MIDI:

It is indeed possible, but what you'll get is just automatized guesswork.

MIDI is sheet music for computers. There's the same difference between a MIDI file and an MP3 file that there is between a text file and an image. If there is text written on an image, you can use some OCR software to turn it back into text; but you com e:cpcl 5ume strrngc resvll5. Sorry, that should have read "but you can expect some strange results".

And likewise, just like optical character recognition is not perfect and computers generally do a worse job at it than a literate human would, acoustic note recognition is not perfect and computers will generally do a worse job at it than a human who knows his solfege would.