Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
johnfulgor

New revenant-like monsters

Hello!
This time I've devoted myself to the creation of a 3D Revenant-like monster. I've already taken frames and put them in a decorate actor. At present I'm optimizing offsets and sizes of the frames, since the result is not so good as expected, compared to the big amout of memory required... During the work I came more and more impressed by the so small amout of resources consumed by the original monsters!

I will soon post the finished project.

http://www.patrickswads.altervista.org/Revenant/Revenant.png
John

its not bad but I would try an alternative approach.
for example, if it was me designing the model, i would just download the skeleton stock model, and then model the shoulder pads, weapons, and pants, etc. myself. it would be much more realistic and anatomically correct.

Dee said:

its not bad

I'm going to have to disagree here. I really don't intend to offend your work. But it's not good. It's not easy getting in to modeling though, and I hope you stick with it.

It's good practice, but it's not something that should be used in a finished project.

Try to recreate it from scratch, looking at anatomy pictures of actual skeletons for reference. Like this one. Try to make the arms and legs more realistic (notice how the forearms and the lower legs actually have two bones rather than just one, for example.

You could get away with less polygons for them (give them a triangular or square section, instead of making them cylindrical), and it should still look better overall I think.