Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
D_GARG

doom editing group on facebook?

I just had this wacky idea: lets make a facebook group only for DOOM Mappers which is meant for DOOM editing

now this is totally unnecessary in all aspects exept one:
we get to know what we look like and what kind of dudes we are.
that brings some things a little bit closer.

and when we got one group up we make lots of sub groups named by different projects and the only members of those groups are people who are involved with the making of the project

Captain Toenail said:

I'd rather not, don't want my friends to know about my Doom hobby, that's basically social suicide. :p

You are are quite insecure then.

The idea is not half bad. Doom is not social suicide, and I know that from experiance. Have ever tried to expose Doom to your Call of Duty nerd freinds? I did, and uess what, we all started playing Doom at my School's library during lunch. Doom Legacy Deathmatch! w00t! I have one friend who I exposed the game too and he liked it and finished it. Another who finished the first episode by himself (and also played Heretic a few times), and one who thinks playing games in the library is a bit excessive for anyone.

A Facebook Doom Group sounds cool, and projects could start and finish well.

Think most of my mates and the like know what I do anyway. Hell, my degree course is in Computer Games Software Development. I don't feel a need to advertise this on facebook, and I already have methods of interaction with you lot here and on the ZDoom forums.

I'm sure, by now, someone has already made ten Doom editing groups. I don't see the point when you're on one of the active forum dedicated to Doom editing.

Captain Toenail said:

I'd rather not, don't want my friends to know about my Doom hobby, that's basically social suicide. :p

Get real friends. Yes, they exist. Some of mine even enabled me to play with DOOM tools back in the days when I didn't have a reliable net connection despite not being interested in it themselves.

Facebook groups are stupid, mostly due their design being wrong.

Technician said:

I'm sure, by now, someone has already made ten Doom editing groups. I don't see the point when you're on one of the active forum dedicated to Doom editing.

Nah, there are none. I just searched. There's a DoomWorld page though...

Well, yeah, I have tried getting a few of my closer friends into Doom in the past, but I could tell they wern't interested. Trying to get them to play 3 player splitscreen coop on the XBox was met with a groan. The more 'dickish' friends I know would take the piss if I mentioned it to them :/

People already know I am a massive geek. But if you like Doom so much just "like" the Facebook Doom site.

Fuck no, Facebook is beyond evil..it's worse than Myspace. Why do shit on FB when we have Doomworld forums where we can communicate via posts, private notes or IMs?

There's already Doomworld and there's already a Doomworld group on facebook. Done and done.

Snakes said:

There's already Doomworld and there's already a Doomworld group on facebook. Done and done.

Mr. Chris said:

Fuck no, Facebook is beyond evil..it's worse than Myspace. Why do shit on FB

Because Doomworld has too many rules and too many moderators.

Mr. Chris said:

IMs

How's that related to Doomworld?

Who gives a fuck about social suicide? What? Just because once in a while I watch a comedy chick flick I have to hide that? What happened to sticking to ourselves, presenting us. Just because you admit to a social network that we're hardcore Doomers we're gonna be reticuled? Fucking let them, who cares what others think about our hobby. This ain't Dungeons and Dragons or fucking going on with Spock ears or some shit. It's a fucking great idea, it also opens up to a larger community than JUST Doomworld. (Don't get me wrong, I love you assholes)

Everyone's a big pussy these days. You can't love Star Wars cause you're a geek, You cant play xbox other than Call of Duty or Need for Speed cause you're a Nerd. Can't watch Ben stiller movies or you have lame taste, Can't listen to Twisted Sister cause you're a fag. Fuck all that shit, people come up to you with attitude about anything even Doom (which keep in mind was every gamer's wetdream back in the day and still is) You tell 'em to go fuck themselves. PERIOD.

D_GARG said:

I just had this wacky idea: lets make a facebook group only for DOOM Mappers which is meant for DOOM editing

Why? Doomworld along with a number of other sites already exist to discuss such things.

Radon said:

Can't watch Ben stiller movies or you have lame taste

Well duh, adam sandler movies are far better cinema /rolleyes

Radon said:

Who gives a fuck about social suicide? What? Just because once in a while I watch a comedy chick flick I have to hide that? What happened to sticking to ourselves, presenting us. Just because you admit to a social network that we're hardcore Doomers we're gonna be reticuled? Fucking let them, who cares what others think about our hobby. This ain't Dungeons and Dragons or fucking going on with Spock ears or some shit. It's a fucking great idea, it also opens up to a larger community than JUST Doomworld. (Don't get me wrong, I love you assholes)

Everyone's a big pussy these days. You can't love Star Wars cause you're a geek, You cant play xbox other than Call of Duty or Need for Speed cause you're a Nerd. Can't watch Ben stiller movies or you have lame taste, Can't listen to Twisted Sister cause you're a fag. Fuck all that shit, people come up to you with attitude about anything even Doom (which keep in mind was every gamer's wetdream back in the day and still is) You tell 'em to go fuck themselves. PERIOD.

Have some coffee.

Radon said:

lol no it's the opposite