Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bgraybr

Cyberdemon Hell

I have a vague memory of reading about a level online somewhere. The level was made by Romero and featured a ridiculous number of Cyberdemons (something like 3000) and the only weapon available was the pistol. It was going to be included in the Master Levels but was rejected because of its difficulty (or maybe it was just a joke).

I haven't found anything online again or in the wiki, does such a level exist?

I don't know about the map you speak of (sounds a bit unfair with just pistol) but anyway that just happens to be exactly what was missing from the map I made the other day so there is another one now.
Searching youtube for "3000 cyberdemons" shows quite a few results maybe it is one of those?

I dunno about THAT but there *is* a Master Levels wad which contains a good number of Cyberdemons, all in one area. IIRC it is the secret map in TEETH.WAD. Quite a gimmicky level.

Quasar said:

I dunno about THAT but there *is* a Master Levels wad which contains a good number of Cyberdemons, all in one area. IIRC it is the secret map in TEETH.WAD. Quite a gimmicky level.

That would be "Bad Dream" and it does contain well over twenty (probably much more) Cyberdemons. But I don't know if it's made by Romero.

1) TEETH.WAD MAP32 (Bad Dream) has 34 Cyberdemons on UV you can kill without fighting.
2) The author of TEETH.WAD is Sverre Kvernmo
3) Romero couldn't have contributed a level only to be rejected since Master Levels was from the start intended to be a project showcasing the work of the best third-party DOOM level designers.

Them are the facts, easily available to anyone with an Internet connection and a web browser.