Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Use

Doom Novels at PC Gamer

So, there is a race worse than doom's demons (or ..freds according to this book), and they are a legion of microscopic tiny people called Newbies? Huh!?

I've only read excerpts from the first novels, and they seemed alright, albeit a bit humerous.

But when it comes to reading Doom, I think I'll stick with the Costello novels for now.

I love the Doom novels. They start off good, the artists obviously wits up and "improves" or "humanizes" a lot of elements in the first two books. But then, once the material runs out and he must create new story, he goes straight for the New York Times best sellers list and gives us dribble that's so... odd, that you have to like it. It's a surreal experience.

The Doom 3 novels are solid entries though.

Clonehunter said:

I've only read excerpts from the first novels, and they seemed alright, albeit a bit humerous.

But when it comes to reading Doom, I think I'll stick with the Costello novels for now.

What are the Costello novels?

Yep, Doom 3: Worlds on FIre (The only Doom Novel I own), and Doom 3: Maelstrom by Matthew Costelloe, who also wrote the sotry for DOom 3.