Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chubzdoomer

ZDoom - 3D Floors

I've come to understand that in GZDoom you can use the linedef action 160 (Sector_Set3dFloor) to create 3d floors; but in regular ZDoom the action does nothing. In a project of mine, I'm trying to create a 3d table that, like any table in the real world, features open space both above and below it. In GZDoom this works fine, but in ZDoom the effect is absent.

I understand that it's possible to create a makeshift table by using 3d Bridge pieces in the shape of a square or circle to function as the "surface" of a table, but this effect is more time consuming and, I think, less efficient.

Is there any way to use the "Sector_Set3dFloor" action in ZDoom or to create a table like the type I've described? Or is this simply an impossibility with the exception of workarounds like the one mentioned above?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Guest DILDOMASTER666

ZDoom Legacy, here we come!!!

Are translucent 3D floors supported either? My intuition tells me they're not, but somehow I managed to miss that part of the discussion.

JohnTuttle said:

Are you Chubzdoomer from YouTube?

Yes sir, I am. I made a bad name for myself during my "earlier" days here at Doomworld, but much has changed since then. I greatly appreciate the help you guys provide. This place is always a great info source. The ZDoom SVN versions (3124 or above) solved my issue. Now when I use one of those versions and toss in a 3d floor, it shows properly. I think for now I'll just use that as an alternative until one of the "official" ZDoom releases supports it.

Kappes Buur said:

Some of those screenshots are just incredible!

Xaser said:

Are translucent 3D floors supported either? My intuition tells me they're not, but somehow I managed to miss that part of the discussion.

Indeed they are.

Mega wicked cool. :)

Hmm, I'm tempted to make a crazy 3dfloor abuse map before everyone else does, but I'm probably too late.

JohnTuttle said:

Nice, I'm TertiusOculusOris and your vids helped me out a lot when I first started messing around with DoomBuilder.
Idk if you have seen this site before but it's got some decent tutorials for stuff: http://zdoom.org/zdkb/zdkbviewer.php

I actually have that site favorited. It's helped me more than once!

The only problem with the ZDKB is that they're very out of date and will never be updated again. So you should take a look first at the ZDoom wiki's tutorial page.

AlysiumX said:

Whoa wait what, zdoom supports 3d floors now O_O I'm gonna have to check this out.

What I just said. I need to visit that page more often :P