Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Laimiz

stucks!

i'm tired of this. When i play zdoom, zdaemon or csdoom on a bigger than 400x300 res, after a while my screen just stucks. Then i can't just press CTRL ALT DEL or smth, i have to shut down or reboot the comp. is there a problem with my graphics card or SoMeThInG?

is there a problem with my graphics card or SoMeThInG?

Probably. Why don't you tell us what hardware, video card and operating system you're running Doom on ?

i'm running doom on win98se, i've nvidia video card, 128 ram :), AMD Duron 816 mhz and a maxtor 20 gb HD. :(

well?

Originally posted by Laimiz
i'm running doom on win98se, i've nvidia video card, 128 ram :), AMD Duron 816 mhz and a maxtor 20 gb HD. :(

well?

Shit, that's better than my system, and I can run at higher resolutions than that! Heh.

Originally posted by fraggle`
heres a nickel kid, go get yourself a real operating system

I do believe he can get Win95B for that price =)

Originally posted by fraggle`
heres a nickel kid, go get yourself a real operating system

He won't get a real operating system for a nickel. Not even Linux.

Get new drivers, reinstall ZDoom, try running in software mode (or OpenGL mode if you are running in software right now). That's all I can think of.

Originally posted by FlatHead
Get new drivers, reinstall ZDoom, try running in software mode (or OpenGL mode if you are running in software right now). That's all I can think of.

Where's the OpenGL mode in ZDoom?

Well I think you have to use ZDoomGL.exe. I wouldn't know, ZDoom fucked my shit up too a while ago and now I'm sticking with Legacy and JDoom.

ZdoomGL is very buggy unless you have the right system. someone should really update it. well i would suddgest newer drivers. i know some stuff can act funny in software render with new cards, hey no one uses software render anymore so some drivers are not upgraded at all in the area.

Originally posted by Lüt
I do believe he can get Win95B for that price =)

He said "real" OS :)

In this case, that MIGHT be Win3.1

http://fraggle.alkali.org/img/dilbert2.png

Funnier for some reason

MICROSOFT SUX LUNIX RLZ! LOLOLOLO

dont get of the topic!

the Fodder's help quite helped me, but it still keeps stucking even if not so often. It like stucks for a second or two and then goes back to normal again.
But that is making me mad, someone frags me at that moment!

Originally posted by Fredrik
JDoom, very good idea that.

Oh how I wish JDoom would work. I'm still getting weird messages. I think I could use some new drivers for OpenGL, but I don't know where...

ZDoom has always worked for me.

that is not a connection or lag problem, coz even when i played skulltag or some doom maps offline it crashed! :(
well, at least now i crash less :)

Originally posted by Crendowing
He said "real" OS :)

In this case, that MIGHT be Win3.1

W3.1 is not a OS.

Here's a thought:

Try running ZDoom at 640x400 fullscreen. I get like 4000 frames a second at that resolution and have many, many fewer Mhz than you. Why don't you try it, you know, in between building rockets?