Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scalliano

scalliano's 667 Shuffle!

Heirophant has too much HP for a (Hellknight?) Baron replacement... It took me like 10 rockets.
Also the Bio Launcher seems completely useless - it keeps a green blob on the monster and it just walks around with it without taking any damage whatsoever. I couldn't kill an Imp with that thing. Definitely the worst RL replacement...

The Bio Launcher pods are detonated with Alt-Fire. Actually quite powerful and a pretty large blast radius ;)

I'll look into the Hierophant's HP, though he's not as tough health-wise as the Bruiser Demon.

EDIT: My mistake, he's 300HP stronger. Oops!

I played through this a bit, and it's always enjoyable to take on a bunch of new creatures. all the new weapons i felt dragged it down though. many of them don't offer much in terms of new game play, such as the multiple types of chainguns. (uzis, etc). scrolling through all the weapons slows things down and there's no real way to remember all you got. one of these would be nice if there were a tighter set of weapons, in my opinion. still, it does spruce up old maps, which is nice :)

NT

New version with a couple of bugfixes:

- Hierophant has had his HP reduced to better fit the Baron class
- Removed some residual code from ToP which caused the Cyber Prototype to kill all remaining enemies in the level upon death
- Also fixed the Guardian Cubes dropping shitloads of rocket and plasma ammo (???)

Check first post as always.

Cool. I always enjoy the updates to this fine bit of daftness. :)

EDIT:

Bugger, it isn't working for me with the latest DRD SVN build:

:(

Are you sure you're loading the files in the right order?

zmwr.pk3 must ALWAYS be loaded before zudmwr.pk3. zudmwr.pk3 isn't needed if you're playing Doom 2.

Tried it myself with the latest SVN and it's fine.

I did load them in the right order as far as I'm aware as I had never had any problems with previous builds of the engine or your WADs. However, the good news is that everything seems to be okay with the latest build of GZDoom (1020) as you say so everythings is fine now. Thanks for responding. :)

PS: I'm loving it by the way - it's really good fun as always! :)

Right, major bump. This will probably be the final version of this as I feel like I've taken the mod as far as I can without it either getting daft or breaking the rules regarding the Doom theme, so I've decided to go out with a bang. It features a lot of new content (some of which you won't have seen before) and a revised Doom 1 patch.

I just want to thank everyone whose work has appeared in this mod, you all get a mention in the readme. Also to everyone else for the encouragement and help in squashing bugs to create a mash-up mod that is slightly more refined than most out there. I hope you enjoy screwing around with this. It's not necessarily the end, but if there is an update in the future it won't be for quite a while as I want to move on to other stuff.

Link in first post, as always. Cheers, and HAVE FUN!

Would you consider releasing new versions every six months, or perhaps once a year? In that span of time Realm 667 is likely to have enough new Doomy content to warrant an update. In any case, thanks for this great mod. It has really revitalized the game for me. Combined with Oblige-generated megawads, the experience really approaches a Doom/Roguelike hybrid.

I wouldn't rule it out, but right now, I've used up all that is available and some of the weapons, for example, are already quite similar. On that basis, I think it's best to rest the project for a while, otherwise it runs the risk of turning into another AEoD knockoff.

I have an error that occurs in every version of Gzdoom whenever a Hellsfury is killed.. The error says, Could not malloc 592 bytes and it is considered a fatal error and I have to reload GZdoom. I have to start over if there is a Hellsfury in a level, anything i can do to fix this?

I think it would be better if the bosses dropped the better weapons,instead of zombies (take a look at AEOD).Making zombies drom the best weaponry (unmaker,bfg,super bfg etc.)is kind of a bad idea.

doomquake777 said:

I have an error that occurs in every version of Gzdoom whenever a Hellsfury is killed.. The error says, Could not malloc 592 bytes and it is considered a fatal error and I have to reload GZdoom. I have to start over if there is a Hellsfury in a level, anything i can do to fix this?

Fixed. Due to the modified Death states for the Soul Cube, the Hell's Fury was getting caught in an infinite loop. I've corrected this and will upload a newer version later tonight.

@killer2: I hear you, but bear in mind that there is always the possibility of meeting very tough zombie/Imp/demon class monsters early in the game, While it's possible to get the Devastator/Flamer/Quad Shotty/whatever from them, there most likely will be occasions early on when you appreciate the extra firepower. Plus it seems logical to have them drop whatever they're carrying, and If I was to implement this, I'd perfer to have boss monsters that actually use whatever they drop. I'm trying to sidestep AEoD as much as I can with this.

Thanks for the quick response Scalliano! I really enjoy this it is a lot of fun. Every part of it is exciting to see in Doom, I will continue to play through this and if I encounter any other issues I will report them to you.

Actually I had a question about the OBSIDIAN STATUE. I have been messing with Doombuilder making my own levels and I download a lot of the monsters off of 667, including the Blood Demon. In any level that I put a Blood Demon in, then 667 Shuffle replaces it with an OBSIDIAN STATUE, This enemy doesn't do anything it just stands there, I even tried doing MDK to it but nothing happens. I have since removed Blood Demons from my levels and put the Demon in its place, I haven't seen a OBSIDIAN STATUE since then, but I was wondering if there is some issue with that enemy?

Can't really help you there, Shuffle is primarily designed to work with wads that don't have any custom monsters to begin with. However, the Blood Demon and (dormant) Obsidian Statue have the same DoomEdNumber, which can be changed easily. try changing the Blood Demon's DoomEdNumber to something other than 3109, 3110 or 3111, that should stop the conflict, but you'll need to put all of your Blood Demons on the map again.

Or edit the shuffle mod to remove the ednum from the statue. In fact, given its nature as a shuffle, I'm assuming all its content is placed in the maps through randomspawners and the replaces keyword, isn't it? Then none of them need editor numbers at all.

True. I did remove the majority of the EdNums, but the ObStatue is obviously one that I forgot to remove.

That Statue monster has never worked even when I downloaded it myself a while back, Oh well the rest of this Mod is great I'm lovin it I have been playing it for the past 3 days straight lol. Great job with it Scalliano, Are you gonna be adding more monsters from 667 as they become available?

scalliano said:

@killer2: I hear you, but bear in mind that there is always the possibility of meeting very tough zombie/Imp/demon class monsters early in the game, While it's possible to get the Devastator/Flamer/Quad Shotty/whatever from them, there most likely will be occasions early on when you appreciate the extra firepower. Plus it seems logical to have them drop whatever they're carrying, and If I was to implement this, I'd perfer to have boss monsters that actually use whatever they drop. I'm trying to sidestep AEoD as much as I can with this.

You have a point.Maybe you could keep the good weapons for zombies but add bosses that shoot strong weapons too,so that fighting them will be more rewarding.If the boss doesn't seem to be holding a weapon,or if it is not appliable to human ordance,think of using a weird weapon (like the Unmaker) or a good powerup (armor sphere,megasphere etc.) as their drops.

@doomquake777: You need to use ObsidianStatueNonDormant, the rest are decorations or dormant versions that mappers can make "come to life".

@BBB: The Spirit Imp looks fine at this end. At the risk of showing my age, who/what is Missigno anyway?

@killer2: Nothing is being ruled out, other than non-Doom stuff, but any future updates will be a while in the making as I'm reaching the point where anything new has to be made by myself because I've ripped everything else. So I need to either create new content, wait for new content to become available, or a combination of the two (which is most likely).

How would I go about editing that statue? I have never really tinkered with any of the enemies in Doom I have only messed with level creation... I know I'm a Noob lol

Thanks I will take a look at it. Another question I have which may also be fixed with the decorate info you just showed me is. I used that marine summon item on map 8 of Doom 2, the marines suprisingly killed all the Baron creatures and a Cyber Prototype and 1 marine survived :O, however in the cacodemon room one of the caco's was replaced by a wicked. I had already killed everything in that room and when the last marine walked near that room he began to continuously fire rockets at the dead wicked's body. I don't recall the wicked being able to resurrect the way the incarnate can. So is this an error with the Wicked?

Given that the Wicked's corpse splits in half, it could be. I'll take a look at it.

EDIT: Indeed it is. For some reason the Wicked's severed torso is defined as a live monster with 1000000000000 health, so any friendly being is gonna try to take it out (and fail miserably). I think this could be implemented better, so I'll work on that tomorrow.