Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Orchid87

Recommend me D1&D2 demos please

So I'd like to watch Ultimate Doom and Doom 2 100% secrets demos, BUT the ones where the player takes his time and doesn't run like hell. Preferably not using sprint at all.

Are there any demos like this?

Good pick, Ledmeister typically records for 100% kills / 100% items / 100% secrets so his demos are the most thorough fare of its kind. Better yet, go the Led's site and grab the demos themselves.

Orchid87 said:

Tried several Ledmeister demos. They're nomonsters. What gives? :(

Try Here.

Edit: Nvm I forgot you only wanted iwad demos sorry.

Right, it seems that Led did UV Maxes on Master Levels only.

In that case your best bet is Compet-N. The older entries from mid-90s are quite slow and nice (heh) for the purpose. The Compet-N FTP server has been inaccessible for a long time now, but I have a fairly up-to-date (as of May 30 of 2010) copy of the entire archive here.

It's a single 89 MB RAR, extract using "Set modification time" and "Set full paths" options under Advanced tab of WinRAR's extraction dialog box. This way Compet-N directory structure and the files' original timestamps are recreated.

A handful of old entries are missing but it seems to be the only reasonably complete copy of the Compet-N archive available for download at the moment, as myk's more complete copy on 4shared linked to in this post and referenced on the first page of the Compet-N discussion sticky has expired.

For easy viewing of Compet-N demos and their texts use Mr. TF's Compet-N Browser. It's a cool tiny program, very easy to set up - the thread dedicated to it is here, unfortunately the download links have 404'ed since. The latest version I got is v1.14, note that it needs WinRAR installed to work. It's a lot better than navigating manually through the thousands of files, though.

Wow, thank you Never_Again for linking that demo browser, I had often wondered if something like that existed.

Orchid87 said:

Tried several Ledmeister demos. They're nomonsters. What gives? :(

The bulk of my demos/videos are "how-to" or walkthrough demos, where combat only delays a solution.

BUT the ones where the player takes his time and doesn't run like hell. Preferably not using sprint at all.

Sssooo, you want someone to walk through a combat demo and expose all secrets, why? %)

FWIW, if you want quick-reference info on where to find all score-affecting secret areas in all IWADs, try this.

Ledmeister said:

The bulk of my demos/videos are "how-to" or walkthrough demos, where combat only delays a solution.

Sssooo, you want someone to walk through a combat demo and expose all secrets, why? %)

FWIW, if you want quick-reference info on where to find all score-affecting secret areas in all IWADs, try this.

Oh God, the Man himself in my thread!
My point is that I would like to see 100% secrets, 100% kills, and good monster fighting strategies in one single demo.