Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tatsurd-cacocaco

TAS (tools-assisted) demos

I decided to go ahead and make the TAS demo for an14, which I had been researching. I still believe this to be impossible, as this required extensive use of rerecording as well as some slomotion.

av14nmx.zip

[WH]-Wilou84 said:

Wow, that was very impressive and entertaining. :)

entertaining, to say the least ;)

you have to hug the monsters to make it through that map. the best part was going against a row of revs and 2 cybers with 5% left.

Alright guys, here it is. I am new to the forums, but I have been a Doomer since I was 3 (yes as in years old).

That aside I wanted to share with you some TAS' that I ran a few months ago and one that I ran earlier today.

They are attached and here is a link to some youtube videos of them (not all are perfect, some were ran in Skulltag, before I switched back to running in Prboom Plus.)

http://www.youtube.com/user/sdskudo#p/u/0/IyHdxwd7n8A

Any feedback would be much appreciated,
Hope you guys enjoy!

-Kudo

P.S. If anyone runs No Rest For The Living Map 05 or 07 tell me how it goes. Those have been giving me trouble.

speedrun demos.zip

ClumsyDoomer said:

My first world record?! :P

Well, another crude amateur "taz". Your shacky movement style is completely odd. Radeck's regular ev01-046 looks godly against yours.

ClumsyDoomer said:

Is the txt in this .zip correct?

It does state that it is TAS, but personally, I would make it clearer than that, by also putting at the start of the text-file something like "This is a tools-assisted demo" and also stating which TAS features were used (e.g. joining, slow motion, and things such as strafe-50 automation).

My first world record?! :P

Hmm, generally TAS recorders don't refer to their work in such terms, especially when there hasn't been previous TAS recording on a map. Simply "beating" the best non-TAS demo by a narrow margin using TAS features shouldn't generally be a cause for great celebrations.

Personally, I don't see any point in releasing a TAS demo if it doesn't improve upon previous records or demonstrate some new idea.

xit-vono said:

I decided to go ahead and make the TAS demo for an14, which I had been researching. I still believe this to be impossible, as this required extensive use of rerecording as well as some slomotion.

the av100%s nm run desyncs for me
how to solve it?

Memfis said:

Maybe you have old version of AV? Also you can check the hashes of your DOOM2.WAD

jesus... for all the time I was sure to have the new version of AV, but guess what? I hadn't
thanks memfis, the run now works, and will make an FDA in the new map of the "new" av, since I have never seen that yet ;o