Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ClumsyCryptid

Doom 2 CD question

I found at a garage sale for about $1 is a Doom 2 CD. No box, just the jewel case. Minor scuffs on the disc, but nothing damaging.

I am wondering if this is worth something, or if it's just another neat find that needs to collect dust before being worth a lot.

The French version is the only collectable one I know of, the others are still way to commonplace to be valuable but for $1 that's worth keeping - if only as proof you haven't pirated the game. ;-)

I'd have to be literally living under a bridge to sell any of my stuff for $1, specially a Doom CD, as common as it may be. What does that get you these days anyways? a coke?

Ah, thanks.

I was curious because I found out one of the Xbox games I own that I bought for $7 from GameStop is worth way more than what I paid for, and in the used condition it is in.. It is worth a bit less than the $85 new.

The worth of a video game CD is very subjective. Its actual worth is probably quite low (as in next to nothing) because of the number of these things that are laying around. It wasn't that long ago that I saw Doom for sell at Wallmart.

Preliatus said:

I was curious because I found out one of the Xbox games I own that I bought for $7 from GameStop is worth way more than what I paid for, and in the used condition it is in.. It is worth a bit less than the $85 new.

what game? i must know

I'm curious too.

Usually when I sell games at Gamestop, they only give me like a couple dollars per game. I sold off about $200 worth of PS1/PS2 shit (over 20 games), and they only gave me like $40. Of course it was like 5 years ago and the games weren't that great, but still, I feel like I got ripped off.

GreyGhost said:

The French version is the only collectable one I know of, the others are still way to commonplace to be valuable but for $1 that's worth keeping - if only as proof you haven't pirated the game. ;-)

This, and the german version, which is a collectible too, but nowhere as rare as the french version.

EarthQuake said:

I'm curious too.

Usually when I sell games at Gamestop, they only give me like a couple dollars per game. I sold off about $200 worth of PS1/PS2 shit (over 20 games), and they only gave me like $40. Of course it was like 5 years ago and the games weren't that great, but still, I feel like I got ripped off.

sorry for double post.

But the reason you got $40 is because of the chances those games were likely to sell again or how much they were actually worth at the time.

For example, I bought ghost recon on xbox for $10, however since it does not sell well at all, I only recieved about 50-90 cents back.

That's why you sell games on the Internet. Gamestop is just going to rip you off every time, when selling on the Internet can give you a decent amount of money.