Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jplstatic

Dante's Inferno

IIRC pcorf's project has one of the 9 sub-levels in his easy going community project that has been completed AFAIK, and it's really well done.

I'm not sure if I want to go through with it though. My last wad got only bad reviews. I spent a few years on it off and on. It was over a decade ago though. Still I haven't done much in the past few years doomwise so I'm not sure if I could really please the doomworld masses. It would be kickass if 9 different people each did a circle. I'd contribute mp3 music. I'm really good at that I've heard from everyone.

jplstatic said:

It would be kickass if 9 different people each did a circle. I'd contribute mp3 music. I'm really good at that I've heard from everyone.

Do you have a website with your music on it?

The last two books are more philosophical and focus less on a physical place, unlike inferno. So it would be much harder to actually map for, let alone make the gameplay interesting without moving so far away from the original text that it has no real links. I doubt there are any baddies in heaven.

You could make Heaven a puzzle based episode with no baddies at all and just switch puzzles and key hunts and stuff, maybe make it a hub whereas Inferno and Purgatorio are single levels.

jerrylehr.com
some of it i don't like but its there for archive purposes. a lot of it i did in college. i'm working on switching the site over to having a menu on the right side so it's weird right now. some of the music is on the menu, others are on the page when you scroll down. none of my new stuff is on there. none of it is evil though, but i can do evil

Lorenzo said:

I don't think so... Can you imagine fighting demons in Paradice?

I disagree, I imagine you can be fighting angels and God himself (who is logically should be main villain who is responsible for throwing souls who enjoyed life (the 7 sins) down into their eternal torment based on their 'sins' and enslaves souls in heaven...but yet the "Demons & Lucifer are Evil" which doesn't sound logical sense at all).

Maybe the wad in question could be focused on killing everyone (including Lucifer & God) from the Abrahamic Mythology like Kratos did to Greek Mythology...

Foodles said:

The last two books are more philosophical and focus less on a physical place, unlike inferno. So it would be much harder to actually map for, let alone make the gameplay interesting without moving so far away from the original text that it has no real links. I doubt there are any baddies in heaven.

Actually Purgatorio is a very physical place, a huge island on the other side of earth. And all 3 books have a lot of philosofy...

@Jannak: i remember a doom wad where at the end you fight god...

Back when I first played Dante's Inferno, I saw a lot of possible Doom level concepts that hadn't been done before (To my knowledge)

Jannak said:

I disagree, I imagine you can be fighting angels and God himself (who is logically should be main villain who is responsible for throwing souls who enjoyed life (the 7 sins) down into their eternal torment based on their 'sins' and enslaves souls in heaven...but yet the "Demons & Lucifer are Evil" which doesn't sound logical sense at all).

Maybe the wad in question could be focused on killing everyone (including Lucifer & God) from the Abrahamic Mythology like Kratos did to Greek Mythology...

The fact that actual good people got thrown into Limbo, just because they weren't religious, along with babies who DARED to die before being baptised establishes evil :p WORSHIP ME OR SUFFER. Clearly Doomguy decides to whoop his ass too after Inferno :p

Lorenzo said:

Actually Purgatorio is a very physical place, a huge island on the other side of earth.

You mean Australia?

Foodles said:

why read the book when you can play the game

There are a few people around here and other related forums who would truly benefit from spending more of their free time reading well-written books.

Khorus said:
You mean Australia?

Haha, lately with the floods, droughts and cyclones, one could think so.