Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yellowmadness54

Killzone 3

I played the beta recently and I don't look forward to online play for it.

But the single player demo is absolutely great.

Just like Killzone 2s SP demo did, KZ3's demo left me mezmerized and wanting to buy the game.

If it weren't for that awful beta, my money would already be on KZ3.

But Im still waiting for DOOM 4 or something else to come up first.
I was, too, going to buy bullet storm, but the no jumping and weird controls is a pretty serious turn off in my standards.

Any one else?

Captain Toenail said:

As far as I can tell Killzone 3 IS Killzone 2 with better controls. I think I'm going to go for BulletStorm and give Killzone3 a rental.

no really it is quite different.

It feels nothing like KZ2.

I mean, it really is one of the most incredible recent gaming experiences I have ever had. It blew me away.

The jet pack part was great.

Its like playing a movie!

I was really excited for KZ2, bought it on launch day, played it for five minutes... and it now sits on my shelf collecting dust. It's not bad, I just have no time to sit down and play.

yellowmadness54 said:

Its like playing a movie!

Dumbest reason to play a game, ever. "It's like playing a movie!". Riiight.

Also, grammar fail. It is "it's", not "its".

I have it rented for the week. I liked KZ2, but the sequel is a notable improvement. The gameplay is faster, the aiming less clunky, the levels feel less boring and empty, you can do slides, there's co-op. I haven't tried multiplayer yet, but I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

KZ2 was good, but short.
Online was very off setting though and felt weird.

It wasn't too much worth playing again either.

Dang, been a while since I've played my PS3...

hey, why isn't doom on PS3?

What, we non-CoD addicts don't want a classic FPS on console?
Darn 360 taking everything T_T

Meh, Killzone 2 was entertaining for a play through, but the concept of playing a game where Rico is involved ever again doesn't sound like something I want to do.

Seriously, fuck that guy. EVERY time he opens his mouth and spews the terrible writing that he has been given, I just get pissed off.

Doomhuntress said:

Dumbest reason to play a game, ever.

We call this statement an "opinion". They've often been compared to "assholes".

Mike.Reiner said:

Meh, Killzone 2 was entertaining for a play through, but the concept of playing a game where Rico is involved ever again doesn't sound like something I want to do.

Seriously, fuck that guy. EVERY time he opens his mouth and spews the terrible writing that he has been given, I just get pissed off.

same with the announcer on that stupide spike show "manswers"

honestly, spike has some stupid stuff, but manswers takes the cake followed by 1000 ways to die.

" How many beers do you think this hamster can drink, DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???"

More like "are you more retarded than a 5th grader?"

Doomhuntress said:

"It's like playing a movie!". Riiight.

Also, grammar fail. It is "it's", not "its".

You put an extraneous period in your post.

yellowmadness54 said:

More like "are you more retarded than a 5th grader?"

I'm starting to wonder if that applies to you.

I never got what makes the Killzone games so special. It looks like a pretty generic FPS to me. Anything special or unique about it?

Craigs said:

I never got what makes the Killzone games so special. It looks like a pretty generic FPS to me. Anything special or unique about it?

It got a bunch of hype when people fawned over the killzone 2 trailer's real-time graphics or something, back when the PS3 was new and fanboys were looking for anything to justify buying their 600 dollar console. I am pretty sure everyone knew in their heart though that killzone 1 was a completely forgettable game and that they were only looking forward to the sequel because of limited alternatives (hint: killzone 2 is also a forgettable game). Now the series is only still alive because it is living off of the fumes of said hype.

This is only me trying to rationalize it though, feel free to call me an asshole because you would probably be right.

Craigs said:

I'm starting to wonder if that applies to you.

Well, unlike most FPS games today, the online isn't simply running in circles building up killstreaks.

And the sequences in KZ3's demo were amazing.

KZ2 was, however, not very good.

"I'm starting to wonder if that applies to you."
was that really needed? :(

lupinx-Kassman said:

(hint: killzone 2 is also a forgettable game).

That's putting it lightly. All I can remember about my play through of that game is that is looked nice and that Rico is a douchebag.. that's it.

Heh, when I went to pick up Bulletstorm (release night, pre-ordered), I had the clerk ask me if I was here for that or Killzone 3. My honest response was "what's that?"

lupinx-Kassman said:

I am pretty sure everyone knew in their heart though that killzone 1 was a completely forgettable game and that they were only looking forward to the sequel because of limited alternatives (hint: killzone 2 is also a forgettable game).

Hey! The demo for KZ1 was mildly entertaining!

Xaser said:

Heh, when I went to pick up Bulletstorm (release night, pre-ordered), I had the clerk ask me if I was here for that or Killzone 3. My honest response was "what's that?"

its pretty hard to not know what killzone 3 is with all the talk about it and ads, but ok.

I really dont look forward to any new games now. Bulletstorm has potential, but I'm still believing it has a small amount of gameplay in it like every game and just focuses on single parts of the game IE the leech, coop, online rather than the actual gameplay and storyline.

What games do now is just work on one object to make the game look decent, and then call it done. Like BC2's destruction, which left single player linear and boring, and the online was just an absolute mess of lag and the average BS.

BC2 is the only game I have ever thrown my controller against the wall while playing. That game is so full of crap its practically broken.

yellowmadness54 said:

Like BC2's destruction, which left single player linear and boring, and the online was just an absolute mess of lag and the average B

BC2 is the only game I have ever thrown my controller against the wall while playing. That game is so full of crap its practically broken.

Sounds to me like you just suck at it. I've played a few rounds with Doom Marine's cousin and we both had a blast with it. I never had any problems with lag either. Chances are you've just got a shitty connection. As for the the destruction, I thought it only made gameplay even more interesting, especially in multiplayer. Multiple gunners on the second floor of a building camping like crazy and mowing down your teammates? Blow out the walls of of the first floor and watch the building come tumbling down on them and laugh your ass off. Tank blocking off an alley and blowing your sorry ass away everytime you enter it? Just blow (no homo) your way through a few buildings and hit the tank from the side. Also bringing down a building on the Mcom in Rush is always hilarious.

The single player is pretty terrible, but honestly I think it's safe to say it has nothing to do with the destruction elements, and has more to do with fact that EA clearly didn't put any actual effort into making it fun.

yellowmadness54 said:

its pretty hard to not know what killzone 3 is with all the talk about it and ads, but ok.

If it was easy, it wouldn't be worth doing, now would it? ;)

Also, BC2 had singleplayer? I'd never have thought so, since it's primarily a multi shooter and is intended to be played that way. Griping at it is like griping at UT or Q3's singleplayer. :P

Craigs said:

Anything special or unique about it?

These guys:

I've played both Killzones, and found them enjoyable enough. The problem was playing as the Designated Heroes when I found the villains much more cooler and sympathetic.

The first Killzone was a great game on the PS2 - however, looking back at it I think it worked well for me because it did the same sort of things Modern Warfare ended up doing, but in a cool space/future war environment with some cool weapons (underbarrel shotgun) and some very obvious badguys, way before games like Modern Warfare were known to me. It was pretty much before its time, I think. I never got into the online, but did enjoy the single-play one or two times through. I find it very difficult to go back to now though, simply because it does feel like it controls badly now.

As a 360 owner I've not tried either of the newer installments, although I'd quite like to some day, as the original definitely sells me on the idea of more current ones.

Got this game on Friday. Yes, it's a linear interactive action movie, but on the other hand it's a very good interactive action movie, and it's actually quite challenging. Looking at the stats I died about 8 times per level on average on normal difficulty. The cut scenes are great, the Helghast are cool, and the multiplayer is pretty damn fun, I especially enjoy Operation mode. The campaign is fully coop enabled too, but I havn't tried that yet. 9/10