Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Night-Fang

PrBOOM vs. ZDoom

Definitely PrBOOM. It is an obvious choice (see e.g. GK's, Waldon's and Toke's posts).

N.C.

PrBoom. Fuck the quake additions, I prefer to see real deathmatches than watching retards jump like mario.

we obviously have more votes for pboom so far in the amount that's posted on the thread, but people aren't voting on the POLL!!! the link is above where linguica posted, so please

VOTE ON THE POLL.. FOR PRBOOM!!!

heh

Originally posted by fraggle`
dude, join the prboom team, that would kick ass

Bahahaha you're joking right?

Originally posted by Toke
Zdoom is the anti-christ

Toke thinks ZDoom is the anti-christ. Best reason to vote ZDoom that I know of. :)

zdoom is horrible for DM, because of all the stuff that's been mentioned before. the only zdoom feature i accept is the dynamic colours for the marine.

Hey, you DO realize that this POLL has absolutely NO PROTECTION from abuse. Hell, I can post all day long over and over .. which is clearly what somebody is doing. It doesn't take much knowledge to figure this one out.

So until you fix something here, forget this poll - it's crap.

LOL - somebody flooded the poll with 125 posts in about the time it took me to type the last post. Yeah, way to screw up bud. That made it even more obvious. All he had to do was disable ONE thing (or delete it).

Originally posted by Maonth
zdoom. Think of the custom levels we could make/play.

i really don't give a shit about slopes and coloured lighting.

Hmmm... I never really play ZDaemon (there are no Aussie servers and I only have a slow 56k connection), but I would personally favour ZDoom, because of all it's cool features, and (v1.23) it is much faster running in software mode than PRBoom, which could only be faster in openGL, and, as someone already stated, PRBoom's OpenGL sucks.

I'm sick and tired of everyone throwing this "true to doom" shit down my throat. Doom is so fucking tired it's not even funny, it NEEDS a change. John Carmack didn't say "hey, DooM is like the punk underground, which means you have to stay true to crap gameplay, so anyone that adds slopes and 3d floors in the future is a poser!!"

Just because most of you only have 486dxs and can't run the more modern ports properly doesn't mean the rest of the community has to suffer and get held back by your incompetence to get a better computer. Some people WANT Doom to have a q3-like stature. It's just awesome to see what people can do with a 9 year old engine, be it giving GL support, 3d floors, slopes or md2's. Thing is, NOT ONE PORT supports ALL of them at once. Why? BECAUSE YOU ALL KEEP HOLDING THAT POSSIBILITY BACK. If YOU want original Doom gameplay THEN PLAY DOOM 95, but please leave the growing (trying) community ALONE. Sure it's just a game, so why bitch about something changing?

Inevitable Quote:

"If you want all this done do it yourself"

I just may

Oh yeah I vote for ZDoom :)

"Don't Ask"'s post

nice way to display ignorance. maybe some people want to see a client/server port that's close to the original game. now go play quake, you'll find it's the same as ZDoom but with MDLs.

or, to say it in short...

CARE FACTOR == 0

Hello. This is deathwarrior in Zaldron's account. I have access to his account because of the last forum flood. Anyway, I deleted most of the posts of the personal flamewar between me and "Don't Ask" so you people don't have to weave through posts of his garbage. "Don't Ask", if I see you make any posts towards me in this thread, I shall delete them. Take note that I have hours to do this in, since it's only 9:30pm here. If you make too many posts, I'll report this to an Admin or something. Whatever.

This power trip of "I'll delete your posts ahaha !!" is nothing short of the childish trait of humanity that will ultimately end it. (which isn't necessarily a bad thing)

BTW, I'm not buying this "I'm deathwarrior"

Originally posted by Don't Ask
I'm sick and tired of everyone throwing this "true to doom" shit down my throat. Doom is so fucking tired it's not even funny, it NEEDS a change. John Carmack didn't say "hey, DooM is like the punk underground, which means you have to stay true to crap gameplay, so anyone that adds slopes and 3d floors in the future is a poser!!"

Just because most of you only have 486dxs and can't run the more modern ports properly doesn't mean the rest of the community has to suffer and get held back by your incompetence to get a better computer. Some people WANT Doom to have a q3-like stature. It's just awesome to see what people can do with a 9 year old engine, be it giving GL support, 3d floors, slopes or md2's. Thing is, NOT ONE PORT supports ALL of them at once. Why? BECAUSE YOU ALL KEEP HOLDING THAT POSSIBILITY BACK. If YOU want original Doom gameplay THEN PLAY DOOM 95, but please leave the growing (trying) community ALONE. Sure it's just a game, so why bitch about something changing?

Inevitable Quote:

"If you want all this done do it yourself"

I just may

Oh yeah I vote for ZDoom :)

Hey buddy, let me ask you something? Do I go over to Quake 3 World and say "nobody wants to play Quake except for 5 year old lamers?". No. Why? Because I am not an asshole. I have a username and a password there, I could easily go over there and talk shit about your game. If you didn't notice, Quake is brown as fuck, Quake II is brown and orange as fuck and Quake 3 failed against Unreal Tournement. But I don't go over to Quake 3 world and say that because I know you guys like Quake, so I leave YOU alone, and then you come here and insult us and the game we choose to play? At least our game has more than 3 colors. So, why don't you go back to Quake 3 world or whatever and stfu, and another thing, have you even played DooM? Do you know that Doom is STILL selling more copies of Quake and Quake II? Did you know that DooM is one of the most reconized and well known PC FPS games since Wolfenstein 3d? Of course not, because you are younger than 12, you can't remeber that far back. So go play with your stupid bots and shut the hell up. Thanks. Wow...this is like...my largest reply ever. Holy shit. I think I should rant more often.

Originally posted by Don't Ask
This power trip of "I'll delete your posts ahaha !!" is nothing short of the childish trait of humanity that will ultimately end it.

On the contrary, it's cleansing this place of such childishness as all your deleted posts, which were basically saying "my opinion is better than yours because it is". In a discussion of opinions and personal preferences, anybody who can't state theirs without namecalling or insulting is usually the childish one, wouldn't you agree? I realize the fact that other people may have different views than you can be hard to grasp, but please try.

And I'd also say that it's your kind of hotheadedness, extremism and lack of self control and insight that will get humanity wiped out quicker than trying to keep flamewars under control will.

Yeah Lüt. I would like to see a thread here which is NOT GOING OFF THE RUDDER after three posts. Will this ever happen?