Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alphawolf

Cybderdemon infighting

Is it possible using barrells to get two cyberdemon to attack each other? Also is it possible for all doom monsters? (Arch-vile, arachnotrons, etc in the same way?)

Cyberdemons aren't affected by splash damage, I think this includes even barrels. As for arch-viles, I think there is specific code that makes them ignore retaliating against other arch-viles.

It's impossible unless you specify otherwise with DeHackEd or DECORATE or something similar. And both of Doom's boss enemies are indeed immune to all splash damage.

Which is why it was funny to witness this scene in so many 1994 wads: a cyberdemon surrounded by barrels, with the intent of weakening the monster to make the fight easier on the player.

Arch-viles can be killed with their own flames, or by another arch-vile’s flames.

Archies can accidentally kill eachother, but infighting implies that they actually are targeting one another.

In ZDoom ports:

Summonfriend Cyberdemon
Summon Cyberdemon

Probably the only way to get two Cybies to fight.

Once I removed the NOTARGET from the arch-vile, It looked weird that the Baron is fighting him but it is the truth =P. And two arch-viles fighting was pretty:

DoomHero85 said:

fun(ny) to watch.

The following dehacked patch causes all monster classes to be capable of infighting with other monsters of their type, when provoked:

Patch File for DeHackEd v3.0

# Note: Use the pound sign ('#') to start comment lines.

Doom version = 19
Patch format = 6

Misc 0
Monsters Infight = 221
Cyberdemons are still immune to splash damage, but will infight quite happily. A Max on Nuts.wad becomes very feasible with this one change in behaviour.