Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sirjuddington

Oh dear god.

Since when was it a requirement to PAY MONEY for cheats for Sega Genesis games!? Well, IGN.com are doing just that. I want cheats for Phantasy Star IV (I've completed it many times, BTW), and they say I have to REGISTER to get the cheats. And to register I have to PAY them. What is the world coming to? Guess I'll have to find another good cheats site for all my emulator games...

Gamewinners.com is good. The forum uses vBulletin software, and theres a rather inactive (but still cool) Phantasy Star forum. Haven't tried the other one yet.

Originally posted by SlayeR
Gamewinners.com is good. The forum uses vBulletin software, and theres a rather inactive (but still cool) Phantasy Star forum. Haven't tried the other one yet.

Yes gamewinners is good. Wow it uses VB? Heh. Phantasy Star = 1337

Phantasy Star = 1337

Phantasy Star = @$$

The only good Phantasy Star was the first one and most people who like the series haven't played it. Figures.

IMO, the absolute WORST part about RPGs is the redundancy. Every single time you find a new town or city or village or cave or dwelling or hut in the middle of fucking nowhere you're expected to hang out around it killing monsters for an hour just to afford the new armor and weapons, which are usually pretty necessary for getting any farther into the Goddamn game.

I can't remember which Phantasy Star it was but it was on the Genesis and it wasn't 4. I got to a new stupid castle, got a new stupid mission, found the new stupid boss and it killed all my characters in one fucking hit. So I hung around the stupid castle killing stupid monsters for too damn long, finally afforded the new wares, got back to that monster and killed it in about six moves. I didn't even have to heal anyone.

Phantasy Star dove into the bedrock faster than the Offspring.

Let me play an RPG that lets me play roles other than genocidal monster hater or insane banker.

Let me play an RPG that lets me play roles other than genocidal monster hater or insane banker.

You need Morrowind or Project Ego.

IGN charge now? Shit. Heh, I remember when we first gpot our PSX's at school, and some didn't have access to the internet, I made about £10 charing people to supply them with cheats for various PSX games. I got them all off IGN. But I won't be returning the favour, it sucks to charge for such stuff. We all have a duty to preserve the free nature of the internet.

Originally posted by deadnail
Phantasy Star = @$$

The only good Phantasy Star was the first one and most people who like the series haven't played it. Figures.

I have played Phantasy Star I, and IMO, it's the second best one of the lot. Phantasy Star IV is the game that got me into RPG style games, and it is my favourite RPG, with Chrono Trigger and Phantasy Star I close behind. PS2 and 3 are nothing special, and I haven't played PS Online (a PC version is coming soon, so I may get that).

Who gives a shit if IGN is charging. The retards don't know what they're talking about anyway, they're like gamespy without the stupid top ten humor and that huge bloatware arcade thing.

Originally posted by Liam the Bard
Who gives a shit if IGN is charging. The retards don't know what they're talking about anyway, they're like gamespy without the stupid top ten humor and that huge bloatware arcade thing.

Yeah, use gamewinners!

You need Morrowind or Project Ego.

For the love of fucking God I hate this forum software.

I tried the quote button and it didn't keep the first quote, and I'm pretty sick of that stupid bold tag getting added each time too. On top of this the damn thing just had me enter my handle and pass twice in a fucking row. Twice in a fucking row.

Anyway, Morrowind or Project Ego? Lemme rephrase my wish:

Let me play an RPG that:
. doesn't force you to spend time upgrading with each new area
. doesn't focus way too heavily on the land of yore shit (names like Grok'noth)
. doesn't make me dent my fucking mouse each time I fight an enemy (taptaptap)
. doesn't have the grammar of a 2 month old retarded rat
. doesn't hop around time (even FF10 focuses on a 1000 year time jump)
. doesn't have a shitty, repetitive soundtrack
. doesn't have character clothing designed by foo foo Frenchy assnuggets
. doesn't have a magic system that takes 30 pages to explain
. doesn't have a magic system that can be so easily exploited the last boss can be beaten in 2 or 3 moves
. doesn't force me to play online with 10,001 cockmongers
. doesn't make the initial super bad guy a playable character
. doesn't give every character in the game a mental infant with a phychosis
. doesn't force me to go through dungeons or on adventures for no fucking reason whatsoever
. doesn't force me to go through dungeons or on adventures that are exactly the same time and time again
. doesn't have a storyline that involves kidnappings, legendary evils returning from banishment or some kind of ultra-power you have to prevent from being misused
. doesn't have any more than 5 rendered video sequences
. doesn't suck nearly as much as every other RPG made in the last half a decade or so

Originally posted by mmnpsrsoskl
Speaking about FAQ's...I need to update mine...

what FAQ is that`?

Actually none are for Doom. I have one for Carmageddon, Dune 2000, Sim Safari, all on PC. And one for California Games on NES. That was like the second video game I ever bought.

Speaking of RPG's, has anyone played the Zelda : Oracle series on Game Boy Color?

Originally posted by deadnail
For the love of fucking God I hate this forum software.

I tried the quote button and it didn't keep the first quote.

That's to keep morons from having 8 quotes in their posts before a reply of "heh, I guess."

Originally posted by Lüt
That's to keep morons from having 8 quotes in their posts before a reply of "heh, I guess."

"heh"

I just started playing through Planescape: Torment again. Great game, even if it is based on incomprehensible AD&D rules. :)

deadnail: Given any thought to writing your own CRPG?

Originally posted by Lüt

In many cases, such as right now (!!), at least two levels of automatic quote would be useful.

Originally posted by Lüt

it should be limited to 3.

deadnail: Given any thought to writing your own CRPG?

Ever since I was 11. The storyline at this point would be about a 1200 page book. Making an RPG out of it would take at least 6 years.

Ever since I was 11.

SoI'mnotthe only one who thinks up game stories in their spare time? I feel so vindicated. :)

The storyline at this point would be about a 1200 page book. Making an RPG out of it would take at least 6 years.

Not if you know what you're doing. Hell, the last few FF games have been pretty ambitious, and Square is pumpin' them out faster than bunnies.