Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darmuss

Stronghold - secrets, hints...?

I've seached but can't find any help on this subject.

Would be neat, as the secrets are hard to find, meaning I can't find them :(

Darmuss said:

Would be neat, as the secrets are hard to find, meaning I can't find them :(

Hmm from what I recall those keycards/discs weren't really hard to find ( it's not like levels are confusing in there :p ).
Which one do you need ?

One is hidden in the city on Earth ( last Tier 1 map - just jump around a bit ), another is given by some NPC in a late part of the main hub if I remember correctly, and the last one is in STR34.

The little Stronghold I played, I remember that the key the NPC gives you is located in the bar (which is, I think, accessable after Tier 3 or 4).

You get the key in the bar when you unlock tier 5.

Where do I find the code for the door in tier 5?

It's on one of the bases you have to defend in the same tier. Forgot how it's called, but it's one with a relatively small stronghold and archvile/hellion waves. The code will be displayed in an area slightly out of the way of most of the action, so you may not find it if you aren't exploring the level a bit in between waves, but it's not really hidden or anything. You just need to flip a switch and look at the number.

As long as you haven't visited that place and flipped the switch there, no code will work. It'll be set randomly once you do so, and remain fixed to that value from then on.

The code is in STR29 (Jailba). In the room with the stairs/bounce pad, on the second floor by the deadline the monsters try to reach, there is a alcove. In that alcove is a switch. Hit it, and 5 numbers will be displayed (random each time). Write them down and use that to allow access to the secret level.

I presume you already found the key in STR6 and gotten the red key in the bar. There is one more that can be found in STR34 in the northmost part of the map.