Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Cthulhunicron

Good Mortal Kombat emulators

I've heard that there are a few emulators that you can download that allow you to play certain old school games on a PC. Specifically, I'm looking for Mortal Komabat 1 and 3...can anyone recommend any sites?

If you mean the PC versions of Mortal Kombat and assuming you have the games already...then DOSBOX is what you mean. Assuming you're a DOS old timer, you'll know what you do once you install it.

If you mean playing arcade games under emulation....no can do without resorting to warez, in which case none here can help you, sorry :-)

Unless Midway released a legal "Midway arcade classics" type of emulation collection for PCs that I'm not aware about.

Maes said:

If you mean the PC versions of Mortal Kombat and assuming you have the games already...then DOSBOX is what you mean. Assuming you're a DOS old timer, you'll know what you do once you install it.

If you mean playing arcade games under emulation....no can do without resorting to warez, in which case none here can help you, sorry :-)

Unless Midway released a legal "Midway arcade classics" type of emulation collection for PCs that I'm not aware about.

On the other hand he could be looking for a Playstation emulator, since they did have Mortal Kombat 3 on tht system (and on N64 for that matter).

@Cthulhunicron - Just to specify, which ones are you looking for? (PC versions, console versions, etc.)

Kirby said:

they did have Mortal Kombat 3 on tht system (and on N64 for that matter)

N64 only had Mortal Kombat Trilogy. Technically that was an updated version of MK3, but for purists it's considered a non-canonical instalment in the series (with unmodified MK1 and MK2 sprites looking out of place amidst the more crisp MK3 characters).