Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Plutonia Revisited (public testing version) demos [-complevel 4]

BTW, for a naming convention, pr has the drawback that it is the same as Plutonia Respawn.

pv maybe?

Oh, sorry, didn't think about that. Probably because I've never played with -respawn option. :)

I'll rename and reupload my demos right now.

yeah we've been using pr for internal test demos, but we knew about the clash. pv doesn't sound right imo, i'd just go with p3 despite the disclaimers it's not a sequel. :p it "clashes" with e3 pacifist, but not really, heh.

i will start using whatever becomes the favoured standard tho. also i wanted to say i won't be recording uv-speeds and related trick runs, because i've been heavily involved in the creation/testing process. feel free to investigate. :)

MAP32 UV Speed in 3:11 (Tool Assisted)

This was a quick attempt to see a potential route for a legit attempt. Don't download this if you're expecting some godly run, this isn't even remotely close.

pv32-311.zip

Hock, I tried to download your zip and got a file named "plutonia" that I couldn't open. Unless it's some software problem on my end, it might be the spaces in the name causing problems.

it should work when you rename the file and add .zip at the end.

@hock and everyone else:
don't use spaces in zip names, it messes up the attachments. use underscores instead if you really need to, however if you followed the naming convention, it'd be greatly appreciated. that means:

- 1 textfile per 1 demo, both of the same name except the extension, zipped in an archive of the same name.

- names follow as such: pvXY-abc.lmp, where XY is map number (08 and 17 in your case) and abc is time. nomonsters demos are labeled by "o", as in pv08o031.lmp. nightmare would be "n", nm100 would be "s", which is also secret exit. :) "p" would be pacifist, "f" means fast and "t" means tyson. "x" goes for TAS.

- if you upload multiple demos at once, take these separate zips and zip them again into a single one.

you don't need to follow it and 10+min demos or weird categories such as solo-net won't exactly fit the system, but you are recording for a megawad, not some obscure single maps from the archive. please, take the effort to name the demos like this to make things easier for people watching your demos.

I actually never knew about any of that stuff until now, but for now on I will name them properly.

Wow, Hock, your movements look so smooth, very pleasant to watch. Please make more. :)

Maybe I should lower my mouse sensitivity settings to make good looking demos too.

Memfis said:

Wow, Hock, your movements look so smooth, very pleasant to watch. Please make more. :)

Hehe, yeah i did a few attempts for my nomonsters run but I might try a few more times on map 17 see if i can get 0:35 maybe :)

Maybe try something new? :) Map17 run already looks good. How about map01 nomo? I wonder if the final jump is possible without rocket launcher... I tried it for maybe 20 minutes, but no success. I haven't used SR50 though (still need to learn how to use it properly).

Yeah I've been looking for levels in Plutonia Revisited that have some speedrunning tricks to it but I'm terrible at researching maps and I don't take the time :p

Here is Plutonia Revisited Map24 NoMonsters run in 1:02 and also a NoMonsters first attempt run in 1:10

pv24.zip

I actually did I made an error when creating the text file. Although I thought i did use complevel 2 it was actualle complevel 4.

darkreaver said:

I want a map11 demo! No, I`m not gonna record it myself, I suck :P

Hehe I might do a Map 11 speedrun today or tomorrow if I feel like it :)

I hope these demos don't desync when the final version is released! All that hard work would be reduced to nothing.

I would just wait until the final version is released, but that's just me. Anyway has anyone tried any max demos for this?

TendaMonsta said:

Anyway has anyone tried any max demos for this?

i did map17, because i just love how the map flows despite being kind of linear. this one shouldn't desync in the final release, because there are no bug reports for it, but i'll probably wait and see. :)

32 max in 23:18

I wonder if those last cybs were meant to be possible to be taken out through that iron fence. I'd certainly put there a wall that won't let tracers through.

pv322318.zip

dew said:

i did map17, because i just love how the map flows despite being kind of linear. this one shouldn't desync in the final release, because there are no bug reports for it, but i'll probably wait and see. :)

this map will desync on Final Version
I made some changes for my 17 and 18
really sorry about this :(

Anyone who want to record demo for my maps (17,18)
plase wait until the final version release.

Memfis said:

Maybe I should lower my mouse sensitivity settings to make good looking demos too.

very smooth control indeed. just saying because i lowered my sens lately and it helped me indeed stop throwing the crosshair all over the place.